Toyota Landcrusier 100 Series 2005 model

Old November 20th 09, 06:46 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Camera

Default Toyota Landcrusier 100 Series 2005 model

Hi, does any body know something about this car Toyota Landcrusier 100
Series V8 Auto 2005 model? I bought one four years ago and now has lost
confident on it. I seldom used it. It only ran for 31,000km as of today.
I have problems with the transmission, and fuel sensors (both main and sub
tanks). I have spent a lot of money to fix it already. It had been
recalled couple of times by the manufacturer. I wonder whether should I
trade in for another 4WD.

Old December 3rd 09, 05:36 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Chasseur

"Camera" > a écrit dans le message de
u...
> Hi, does any body know something about this car Toyota Landcrusier 100
> Series V8 Auto 2005 model? I bought one four years ago and now has lost
> confident on it. I seldom used it. It only ran for 31,000km as of today.
> I have problems with the transmission, and fuel sensors (both main and sub
> tanks). I have spent a lot of money to fix it already. It had been
> recalled couple of times by the manufacturer. I wonder whether should I
> trade in for another 4WD.

I hear you. I remember the times (seventies-eighties) when Landcruisers FJs
and Toyota pickups were unstoppable tanks. I just got rid of my Tacoma
recently and probably will never buy another again. What infuriates me the
most is that in many Third World countries you can still buy these vehicles
new with older technologies and much better reliability. Ha.... my empire
for a diesel equipped FJ of the eighties.

Chasseur

Old December 9th 09, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Toyota screwed that line up when they deleted the solid front axle
(available with a diff lock) and went to IFS.

Toyota also screwed up by not importing the Mega Cruiser back when the
economy was really rolling and gas was still cheap.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.
Old December 11th 09, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Chasseur

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." > a écrit dans le message de
> Toyota screwed that line up when they deleted the solid front axle
> (available with a diff lock) and went to IFS.
>
> Toyota also screwed up by not importing the Mega Cruiser back when the
> economy was really rolling and gas was still cheap.
>
> --
> Paul Hovnanian
> Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.

Always makes me wonder who Toyota consults with when they make moves like
that. I guess they don't mind loosing sales.

Chasseur