c5 parking lot hit... please help.

Old August 15th 05, 08:33 AM

Default c5 parking lot hit... please help.

Just got my 2002 c5 and a bmw backed into my passenger door. Cracked
the fiberglass pretty good for a low speed hit. This is my first
corvette so I need some help from you experts.

The guy who hit me is paying for all the damage so price is not a
concern. Where should I go to get this fixed the right way?? Dealer?
Private body shop?? Do they replace the whole door skin?? Or just
repair the door?

I am in the Pennsylvania/North Jersey area so any recommendations would
be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old August 15th 05, 09:00 AM
'Key

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Just got my 2002 c5 and a bmw backed into my passenger
> door. Cracked
> the fiberglass pretty good for a low speed hit. This is my
> first
> corvette so I need some help from you experts.
>
> The guy who hit me is paying for all the damage so price
> is not a
> concern. Where should I go to get this fixed the right
> way?? Dealer?
> Private body shop?? Do they replace the whole door skin??
> Or just
> repair the door?
>
> I am in the Pennsylvania/North Jersey area so any
> recommendations would
> be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

see a shop that specializes in fiberglass work.
get references and check them out.

my2¢
--
"Key"

Old August 15th 05, 03:38 PM
Dad

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Just got my 2002 c5 and a bmw backed into my passenger door. Cracked
> the fiberglass pretty good for a low speed hit. This is my first
> corvette so I need some help from you experts.
>
> The guy who hit me is paying for all the damage so price is not a
> concern. Where should I go to get this fixed the right way?? Dealer?
> Private body shop?? Do they replace the whole door skin?? Or just
> repair the door?
>
> I am in the Pennsylvania/North Jersey area so any recommendations would
> be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Repair will depend on how bad it's "cracked" or crushed. Don't get paranoid
and demand a new door or reskin if it is a repairable crack. A crack in SMC
is an easy fix and is nothing to a good shop and you won't be able to tell
it when done right. Go to a body shop, not a profit center and it will be an
easy trip back to A1 shape. Boss is from NJ so pay attention to what he says
in this thread.----

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...t=nj+body+shop

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old August 17th 05, 03:25 AM
sbright

Definately find a Vette guy who had a repair done. Not just any ***hole can
paint and clear fiberglass without getting bubbles coming up 2 weeks later.

-Stan