petrol / LPG

Old August 6th 10, 12:41 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

Default petrol / LPG

"Catman" > wrote in message
> Zathras wrote:
>> On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 09:05:06 +0100, wrote:
>>
>>> Diesels? Forget them!

>> ..er..unless you don't want to sacrifice something to accommodate the
>> LPG tank. Also, not every garage round here has LPG and with the rate
>> of petrol station closures in recent years, that adds up to make
>> things a little less convenient.
>>

> There are two LPG stations in Harlow. The cost is about 20% different
> between them.
>
> Other than that, it could be interesting trying to find LPG.

I have looked into that and you can download 'point of interest' files for
satnavs that list LPG stations. There is a paper-based UK map version too.

Old August 9th 10, 02:05 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

"GT" > wrote in message
> This post is the same question that I just asked in uk.rec.driving.
>
> After converting a petrol engine to LPG, can the car still use petrol as a
> backup, or is it LPG only?
>
> Anyone converted an Alfa? 2.0JTS specifically.

What about the tax bracket - does LPG conversion reduce the road tax cost?

LPG on my 155 dan Alfa Romeo 1 December 23rd 06 11:51 PM
Audi 80 B4 2.0E on LPG 1F Audi 0 February 22nd 06 10:34 AM
LPG fuel Griff BMW 18 September 29th 05 11:47 AM
Vintage Petrol Pumps and Petrol Cans, Pump Globes, Enamel Signs Mike.J Antique cars 0 February 16th 05 07:13 PM
FS Landrover Discovery V8 LPG/Petrol Alistair O'Grady 4x4 18 May 12th 04 08:07 PM