Driving with a new exhaust header only...

Old September 22nd 04, 05:47 PM
BeachDude

Default Driving with a new exhaust header only...

I've priced out almost everything I need to tweak my engine - new
header, high flow cat, high flow muffler. And to save a few bucks on
the shop installation - I was going to do the header myself.

It's the pipe work / welding after the header I can't do. Is there any
chance of damange to my engine if I put the header on and drive a few
miles to the shop to get the rest of it installed?

Other than the noise factor - any suggestions?
Old September 22nd 04, 11:39 PM
motsco_ _

BeachDude wrote:
> I've priced out almost everything I need to tweak my engine - new
> header, high flow cat, high flow muffler. And to save a few bucks on
> the shop installation - I was going to do the header myself.
>
> It's the pipe work / welding after the header I can't do. Is there any
> chance of damange to my engine if I put the header on and drive a few
> miles to the shop to get the rest of it installed?
>
> Other than the noise factor - any suggestions?

I dunno . . . Just don't do it at 4 A.M. :-)

How do you spell _E_V_I_C_T_I_O_N_ ?

'Curly'