What's going on

Old October 22nd 10, 05:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Lil Abner

Default What's going on

This was maybe the tenth time this has happened.
We were moving with the traffic at about 70-75, in the right lane.
A California car passed us on the left and eased over, in front, of us,
right on the bumper and slowed down. Wife of course hit the brakes.
Then the other car took off.
Maybe they wanted to race? Maybe they don't like black Fords?
I started to call the hwy Patrol but that would be wasted.
It was dark so I couldn't see who was driving but did get their
personalized tax.
Old October 22nd 10, 06:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
richard

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:39:51 -0400, Lil Abner wrote:

> This was maybe the tenth time this has happened.
> We were moving with the traffic at about 70-75, in the right lane.
> A California car passed us on the left and eased over, in front, of us,
> right on the bumper and slowed down. Wife of course hit the brakes.
> Then the other car took off.
> Maybe they wanted to race? Maybe they don't like black Fords?
> I started to call the hwy Patrol but that would be wasted.
> It was dark so I couldn't see who was driving but did get their
> personalized tax.

Like you've never seen this before?
Hell, I couldn't tell you how many times while driving a truck these
assholes would pass on the left, cut back over and slow down.

What gripes me are the ones who YOU pass that are doing slower than anyone
else, then after you pass them, they pass you!
Old October 22nd 10, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Lil Abner > wrote in :

> This was maybe the tenth time this has happened.
> We were moving with the traffic at about 70-75, in the right lane.
> A California car passed us on the left and eased over, in front, of us,
> right on the bumper and slowed down. Wife of course hit the brakes.
> Then the other car took off.
> Maybe they wanted to race? Maybe they don't like black Fords?
> I started to call the hwy Patrol but that would be wasted.
> It was dark so I couldn't see who was driving but did get their
> personalized tax.

any political bumper stickers on your vehicle?

Or,it might have been an attempt to get you to nudge them and then they sue
you;an insurance scam.
or when you pull over,they rob/carjack you....

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old October 22nd 10, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Lil Abner

On 10/22/2010 10:08 AM, Jim Yanik wrote:
> Lil > wrote in :
>
>> This was maybe the tenth time this has happened.
>> We were moving with the traffic at about 70-75, in the right lane.
>> A California car passed us on the left and eased over, in front, of us,
>> right on the bumper and slowed down. Wife of course hit the brakes.
>> Then the other car took off.
>> Maybe they wanted to race? Maybe they don't like black Fords?
>> I started to call the hwy Patrol but that would be wasted.
>> It was dark so I couldn't see who was driving but did get their
>> personalized tax.
>>

> any political bumper stickers on your vehicle?
>
> Or,it might have been an attempt to get you to nudge them and then they sue
> you;an insurance scam.
> or when you pull over,they rob/carjack you....

Disabled Veteran's plate
Old October 22nd 10, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:16:04 -0700, richard > wrote:
>On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:39:51 -0400, Lil Abner wrote:

>> This was maybe the tenth time this has happened.
>> We were moving with the traffic at about 70-75, in the right lane.
>> A California car passed us on the left and eased over, in front, of us,
>> right on the bumper and slowed down. Wife of course hit the brakes.
>> Then the other car took off.
>> Maybe they wanted to race? Maybe they don't like black Fords?
>> I started to call the hwy Patrol but that would be wasted.
>> It was dark so I couldn't see who was driving but did get their
>> personalized tax.

>Like you've never seen this before?
>Hell, I couldn't tell you how many times while driving a truck these
>assholes would pass on the left, cut back over and slow down.

>What gripes me are the ones who YOU pass that are doing slower than anyone
>else, then after you pass them, they pass you!

then about 10 miles later are going slower and have to be passed
Old October 23rd 10, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alexander Rogge

Lil Abner wrote:
> This was maybe the tenth time this has happened.
> We were moving with the traffic at about 70-75, in the right lane.
> A California car passed us on the left and eased over, in front, of us,
> right on the bumper and slowed down. Wife of course hit the brakes.
> Then the other car took off.

This is an example of the Sloths that like to drive slowly, until you
are in front of them. Then there arises a sudden urgency to pass and
drive at a faster speed, until they're in front of you. I have often
seen this behaviour from LLBs in the passing lane. They block traffic
at any speed, but when someone in the right lane signals left and begins
to move into the passing lane, the LLB speeds up and begins tailgating
the passing driver.
Old October 23rd 10, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Lil Abner

On 10/22/2010 8:56 PM, Alexander Rogge wrote:
> Lil Abner wrote:
>> This was maybe the tenth time this has happened.
>> We were moving with the traffic at about 70-75, in the right lane.
>> A California car passed us on the left and eased over, in front, of
>> us, right on the bumper and slowed down. Wife of course hit the brakes.
>> Then the other car took off.

> This is an example of the Sloths that like to drive slowly, until you
> are in front of them. Then there arises a sudden urgency to pass and
> drive at a faster speed, until they're in front of you. I have often
> seen this behaviour from LLBs in the passing lane. They block traffic at
> any speed, but when someone in the right lane signals left and begins to
> move into the passing lane, the LLB speeds up and begins tailgating the
> passing driver.

When we drive the little sports car it seems everyone is resentful and
trying to get over into the next lane becomes a challenge with my wife
driving.
They speed up and slow down to keep you from getting over. I drive more
aggressively and use all the accelerator necessary and plan long before
I need to get over, usually.
Women don't.
The situation the other evening I can't rationalize. I first thought
they might me trying to get us to pull over, maybe a flat tire.
Old October 23rd 10, 03:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2010-10-22, Lil Abner <> wrote:
> This was maybe the tenth time this has happened.
> We were moving with the traffic at about 70-75, in the right lane.
> A California car passed us on the left and eased over, in front, of us,
> right on the bumper and slowed down. Wife of course hit the brakes.
> Then the other car took off.
> Maybe they wanted to race? Maybe they don't like black Fords?
> I started to call the hwy Patrol but that would be wasted.
> It was dark so I couldn't see who was driving but did get their
> personalized tax.

Like this:
http://blip.tv/file/4283774

Old October 23rd 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
John David Galt

Lil Abner wrote:
> This was maybe the tenth time this has happened.
> We were moving with the traffic at about 70-75, in the right lane.
> A California car passed us on the left and eased over, in front, of us, right on the bumper and slowed down. Wife of course hit the brakes.
> Then the other car took off.

Sounds like the kind of asshole who wants to appoint himself a traffic cop.
Maybe it was S&DDAM or Carl Taylor.
Old October 24th 10, 01:58 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Lil Abner > wrote in news
> On 10/22/2010 8:56 PM, Alexander Rogge wrote:
>> Lil Abner wrote:
>>> This was maybe the tenth time this has happened.
>>> We were moving with the traffic at about 70-75, in the right lane.
>>> A California car passed us on the left and eased over, in front, of
>>> us, right on the bumper and slowed down. Wife of course hit the brakes.
>>> Then the other car took off.

>> This is an example of the Sloths that like to drive slowly, until you
>> are in front of them. Then there arises a sudden urgency to pass and
>> drive at a faster speed, until they're in front of you. I have often
>> seen this behaviour from LLBs in the passing lane. They block traffic at
>> any speed, but when someone in the right lane signals left and begins to
>> move into the passing lane, the LLB speeds up and begins tailgating the
>> passing driver.

> When we drive the little sports car it seems everyone is resentful and
> trying to get over into the next lane becomes a challenge with my wife
> driving.
> They speed up and slow down to keep you from getting over. I drive more
> aggressively and use all the accelerator necessary and plan long before
> I need to get over, usually.
> Women don't.
> The situation the other evening I can't rationalize. I first thought
> they might me trying to get us to pull over, maybe a flat tire.

IMO,it could have been a SETUP,the old insurance scam.
They pull in front of you closely,then hit the brakes so if you aren't
alert,you tap or hit them(rear-ending them),and then they sue you and your
insurance company. they complain of injuries like back and neck pain,etc...

You didn't fall for it,so they left before you might think to take down
their plate number.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik