what happen?

Old October 30th 04, 05:23 AM
gabriel

Default what happen?

I have a 98 Honda civic LX 30,650 miles. Two days ago the check engine
light went on and i brought it to a local auto repair shop and they found
out that the O2 sensor need to be replace which causing the light to turn
on. So i let them fixed my car. On my way home about 10 minutes after i
got my car from the repair shop my CV boots or axle boots explode which
hit the bottom of my car transmission and created a hole in it which
caused all the oil inside to leak. Luckily,(i dont know if i can call that
a luck)it happen infront of another auto repair shop. Thankfully those
people in that auto shop helped me pull it on the side of the road
(because i stopped in the middle of the road) and I let them looked what
went wrong... that's where we found out that my CV boots disintegrated...
My question is... Is it possible that those mechanics on the first auto
shop where i brought my car intentionally loosen any parts of my car (cv
boots)to make it look like my car has a big problem? Bcoz before i went
there my car runs in good condition. To fix my car it gonna cost me $1,700
and my car doesnt have any warranty at all....???

Old October 30th 04, 04:03 PM
disallow

1700 to CV boots? Sounds fishy. To do the boots on my
girlfriends car (87 prelude), even after the balljoint popped
and it cost $75 for new boots. Even if you had to replace
the driveshafts entirely, you shouldn't be looking at more
than $500 - $700 including labor, and that is a really high
estimate.

There must be something else wrong, or they are taking you
for a ride.

Old October 31st 04, 01:03 AM
Abeness

disallow wrote:
> There must be something else wrong, or they are taking you
> for a ride.

Did you read the part about the hole in his transmission that caused the
tranny fluid to leak out??
Old October 31st 04, 12:11 PM
Pars

A double wishbone suspension blowing it's axle in that manner is highly
unusual. There should have been gradual signs (clunking while trying to
turn) before the axle actually came off.

If your car was bought used, then anything is possible. If you are the
original owner and it's never seen an accident, then I'd suspect a third
party catalyst.

The most suspicious aspect of your post is a 98 car with only 30K that has
not been dealer maintained.

Pars
98 Civic Hatch

lkaboutautos.com...

Old November 1st 04, 07:54 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article outautos.com>,
says...
>I have a 98 Honda civic LX 30,650 miles. Two days ago the check engine
>light went on and i brought it to a local auto repair shop and they found
>out that the O2 sensor need to be replace which causing the light to turn
>on. So i let them fixed my car. On my way home about 10 minutes after i
>got my car from the repair shop my CV boots or axle boots explode which
>hit the bottom of my car transmission and created a hole in it which
>caused all the oil inside to leak. Luckily,(i dont know if i can call that
>a luck)it happen infront of another auto repair shop. Thankfully those
>people in that auto shop helped me pull it on the side of the road
>(because i stopped in the middle of the road) and I let them looked what
>went wrong... that's where we found out that my CV boots disintegrated...
>My question is... Is it possible that those mechanics on the first auto
>shop where i brought my car intentionally loosen any parts of my car (cv
>boots)to make it look like my car has a big problem? Bcoz before i went
>there my car runs in good condition. To fix my car it gonna cost me $1,700
>and my car doesnt have any warranty at all....???

CV joints, even when there is no boot on them, will not self destruct
within 10 minutes of driving. Before you took your car in to be repaired
were there grinding noises coming from the front end when you made a turn?
This really sounds like a coincidence to me.
-------------
Alex

Old November 3rd 04, 06:12 AM
gabriel

no i did'nt hear any grinding noise bfore i took my car into the auto
shop...i only heard that noise when i took a right turn and there
boomm..... it happen....

Old November 3rd 04, 06:15 AM
gabriel

Old November 3rd 04, 06:20 AM
gabriel

nope there is no sign at all?? my car runs in good condition except for
that engine light that turned on....i didnt see that coming....whenever i
see a minor problem in my car i see to it that its gonna be fix bfore it
going to be a major one.. tnx anyway for your reply.... i appreciate it...