2003 v6 dodge grand caravan 130,000 km tranny problems

Old March 17th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
craig34

Default 2003 v6 dodge grand caravan 130,000 km tranny problems

We have 3 speed selections D 3 L, when you drive in "D" and slow down to
about 45 km it feels like your getting rear ended. It does not do it in
any other gears or while speeding up, had it to a garage and there was no
codes coming up, told the mechanic before about how I read about a quick
learn that can be done.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...kers.chrysler/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old March 17th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
craig34

We have 3 speed selections D 3 L, when you drive in "D" and slow down to
about 45 km it feels like your getting rear ended. It does not do it in
any other gears or while speeding up, had it to a garage and there was no
codes coming up, told the mechanic before about how I read about a quick
learn that can be done. He called a tranny shop that they deal with and he
hasn't heard of it being used for this and would like to check a few things
on the tranny first. Now is a quick learn and flashing the same? And would
doing it hurt if it wasn't the actual problem?

Old March 18th 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steph[_1_]

"craig34" <craig.cochrane@no spam.sympatico.ca> wrote in
lkaboutautos.com:

> We have 3 speed selections D 3 L, when you drive in "D" and slow down
> to about 45 km it feels like your getting rear ended. It does not do
> it in any other gears or while speeding up, had it to a garage and
> there was no codes coming up, told the mechanic before about how I
> read about a quick learn that can be done.

There was a TSB for the 3-2 shift down (on my 2002 anyway).
It involved a software flash and relearn. My van had this done SEVERAL
times, they finally were convinced to pull tranny apart and found a
burnt torque converter.

When I last posted this in Oct of 2006, a helpful soul replied:

Service Bulletin 21-004-05 describes this problem. The
solution involves a new front pump, and updating the electronic
firmware. My '02 had this done, and it fixed it.
It was difficult to get the dealer to do the repair, but it
was covered under the powertrain warranty. I didn't even pay for
fluid.
Old March 19th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Richard

Apparently there is still a huge cultural divide between the "grease Monkey"
culture and the "customer" culture. Let's work together to reach that
American dream of "one America".

[Sorry if my use of the term offended anyone out there in web world].