1999 Accord climate control question

Old November 4th 04, 04:18 AM
User

Default 1999 Accord climate control question

I don't know that I'm experiencing an actual problem with the climate
control system in my 1999 EX V6, but it is behaving a little
differently than it has before, so I figured I'd ask. I've never had
any problem with it before; heat and AC have always worked flawless
and quietly. However, recently I've noticed that whenever I turn on
the heat or AC, I'm hearing some new noises in the dash and toward the
glove box. It sounds mostly like an electrical motor of some sort,
and I hear it only for a moment: when the climate control system is
powered on, switching between modes, and even simply changing
temperatures (this part has always been silent, but it now sounds like
it activates a motor for every degree change in temp). Everything's
still working great, but it's just a little noisier than it's ever
been. Just hoping this isn't an indicator of problems to come.

Appreciate anyone that can provide some insight. Thanks!
Old November 4th 04, 05:04 AM
Keith J

hmmmm, I have a '99 EX-L V6 and the only noise I hear comes from if the
recirculate is on, then I hear the closing /opening of the vents. Could
that be the noise? But I doubt it as I only hear it when turning on or off,
not changing temps. When I change temps, I only start feeling cooler/warmer
air, no electrical noise.

Here is a possibly related Climate Control problem for you....This has
happened 3 times so far over a few weeks. While the AC is running at a
medium-low fan speed, it just turns itself off. Not like the AC stops
working, but the entire system turns itself off.
Three possibilities: (1) I turned it off without realizing I pressed the OFF
button. I am 100% sure I am not turning it off as it is pretty warm here
still. hahaha (2) I have gremlins (3) Ghosts are messing with me

-keith
tallahassee, fl

om...

Old November 4th 04, 04:32 PM
User

Yeah, it's definitely more of what I'd consider an electrical motor
type of sound. It makes kind of a humm or buzz momentarily as I
change temperatures.

As far as the issue you've experienced, I've not got a resolution but
can verify it's happened to me too. About a year after I bought it
(winter '00), the heater just turned off one day as I was driving. I
too questioned if I'd bumped the OFF button or otherwise turned it off
w/o thinking about it. It happened twice more within a few weeks but
then never again. It's only recently with these new noises that I
started thinking about that past experience. Hope yours also
disappears as mysteriously as it appeared.

Old November 5th 04, 02:47 AM
Timothy Kong

It's not related to the filter. I hear the exact same motor-humming sounds
from my '01. I think this is due to the system moving vents to route air
as the temperature requirement changes, either by me changing the temperature
setting or as more warm air becomes available as the car warms up. The sound
is very faint and became noticeable 6 months ago. The system is working
perfectly. Probably just a sign of aging and nothing to worry about.

Tim

Nick > wrote:
: One possibility could be that the air cabin filter has something that
: is causing the noise? When was the last time that this was replaced?

: Hope this helps,
: Nick

: On 3 Nov 2004 20:18:55 -0800, (User) wrote:

[...]
:>
:>Appreciate anyone that can provide some insight. Thanks!