QUESTION: have to remove the engine to replace the passenger-sideapron asmbly (frame rail, etc) in 93 Corolla?

Old February 16th 09, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.misc

Default QUESTION: have to remove the engine to replace the passenger-sideapron asmbly (frame rail, etc) in 93 Corolla?

Hi Group,

----------------------------
My Question: Is it absolutely necessary to remove the engine to
replace the passenger side apron assembly in a 1993 Toyota Corolla?
-----------------------------

I have damaged the passenger side frame rail which supports the front
fender in my 1993 Toyota Corolla. It cannot be re trued or bent back
into place. Therefore it must be replaced.

I was told by the body shop that the engine may have to be removed in
order for them to replace the apron assembly (which contains the frame
rail). But they are not certain. I figured, since my buddy has done
engine swaps in many cars, that we could remove the engine ourselves
to save some money.

If its not necessary, I'd rather not skin my knuckles in a garage for
an entire weekend. :-) Also, what other unexpected parts or
procedures may be required? Please let me know. Thanks for any help
you are able to provide.

-Jon