2003 Honda Accord Break Rotors

Old January 23rd 07, 09:17 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
hokie_dawg

Default 2003 Honda Accord Break Rotors

I'm looking to replace the front rotors on my '03 Honda Accord. I'm
looking for any advice on a good after market brand of rotors to use.

Thanks,
Lawton

Old January 23rd 07, 11:27 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

"hokie_dawg" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm looking to replace the front rotors on my '03 Honda Accord. I'm
> looking for any advice on a good after market brand of rotors to use.

None. Stick with the OEM brake parts.

Old January 24th 07, 12:01 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"hokie_dawg" > wrote in news:1169583422.180536.159740
@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

> I'm looking to replace the front rotors on my '03 Honda Accord. I'm
> looking for any advice on a good after market brand of rotors to use.

Why aftermarket? Because they're cheaper?

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old January 24th 07, 12:03 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Seth" > wrote in news:IZvth.2$C04.0
@newsfe11.lga:

> "hokie_dawg" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> I'm looking to replace the front rotors on my '03 Honda Accord. I'm
>> looking for any advice on a good after market brand of rotors to use.

> None. Stick with the OEM brake parts.

Yep. Seen WAY too many problems with aftermarket.

Old January 24th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
hokie_dawg

On Jan 23, 6:01 pm, Tegger > wrote:
> "hokie_dawg" > wrote in news:1169583422.180536.159740
> @v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:
>
> > I'm looking to replace the front rotors on my '03 Honda Accord. I'm
> > looking for any advice on a good after market brand of rotors to use.Why aftermarket? Because they're cheaper?

> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQwww.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Any brand, besides Honda

Old January 24th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"hokie_dawg" > wrote in
ups.com:

> On Jan 23, 6:01 pm, Tegger > wrote:
>> "hokie_dawg" > wrote in
>> news:1169583422.180536.159740 @v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:
>>
>> > I'm looking to replace the front rotors on my '03 Honda Accord.
>> > I'm looking for any advice on a good after market brand of rotors
>> > to use.

>> Why aftermarket? Because they're cheaper?
>>

> Any brand, besides Honda

Why? Did you have bad problems with vibration?

Old January 24th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
hokie_dawg

On Jan 23, 7:09 pm, Tegger > wrote:
> "hokie_dawg" > wrote roups.com:
>

> > On Jan 23, 6:01 pm, Tegger > wrote:
> >> "hokie_dawg" > wrote in
> >> news:1169583422.180536.159740 @v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

> >> Why aftermarket? Because they're cheaper?

> > Any brand, besides HondaWhy? Did you have bad problems with vibration?

Yes. I've already had them turned once. When I had the alignment done
a few months ago, the break pads looked good.

Old January 24th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"hokie_dawg" > wrote in
oups.com:

>> > Why? Did you have bad problems with
>> > vibration?

> Yes. I've already had them turned once. When I had the alignment
> done a few months ago, the break pads looked good.

It's "BRAKE", not "break". "Break" is what you do when you damage
something.

And something is seriously wrong with your newsreader. It's breaking
(note spelling) the lines of text. I had to fix them before replying.

There is quite a lot more to BRAKE vibration than you think:
http://www.babcox.com/editorial/bf/bf100326.htm

OEM is best. Period.

Old January 24th 07, 08:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:20:17 -0800, hokie_dawg wrote:

> On Jan 23, 7:09 pm, Tegger > wrote:

>> > Any brand, besides HondaWhy? Did you have bad problems with vibration?

> Yes. I've already had them turned once. When I had the alignment done
> a few months ago, the break pads looked good.

It is very likely that your wheels are over-torque'd. Remove the lugs and
re-install them using a torque wrench, following the specs for your model.

This has been addressed here before, and is a good reason to not go to the
crappy local tire-shack...
Old January 24th 07, 06:20 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Nick

Is there a reason why you are replacing them? Are you doing it for
looks or are your rotors warped?
If you are going to buy aftermarket, you may want to check tirerack as
they have the base Brembo rotors for $46.00 each. I haven't had any
experience with using them but Acura does use the more expensive
Brembos on their line of cars. Also I think the OEM run about $70 for
each side. Make sure to get new screws that hold the rotor in place
(apply antiseize to the screws) and have an impact driver to remove
the old rusted screws.

Nick