Oil Independence Day 2006

Old June 22nd 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Oil Independence Day 2006

High gas prices have created a new group of people -
"pump grumblers."
When pumping our high priced gas, we grumble words of
resentment, while feeling powerless. We need gas, so
we pay the price. Standing as a individual we are
powerless, but together our voices would be heard.
America is a strong, independent country.
When John Kennedy proposed we put a man on the moon, a
goal and time line was set. American determination
made it happen. Let's apply the same initiative to
independence of oil through alternative energy
research and use. We already have brilliant minds who
are making great strides towards this goal.
Demand that the President stand up for us.
Ask him to support Alternative energy to free us from
oil dependence,
starting today. Millions of letters cannot be ignored.

Write a paper letter before July 4 to the President.
Urge friends and family to do the same.
President Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Down Load a letter at
http://oilindependenceday2006.com/
Pass this on or add a link to your web page.
From:
Linda

Old June 22nd 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On 22 Jun 2006 05:36:13 -0700, "Linda" > wrote:

Nice pipe dream but what you have not figured out by now that
whitehouse is in bed with big oil and this is a wasted effort. We use
the equivelant of 125,000 semi tanker truck loads of the stuff each
day in US and it is growing and it is not unlimited in supply. More
energy sources and conservation is needed but this is not done by
giving consumer $100K breaks on fuel hungry SUV's. Also consider too
that Bush pushed to build more big oil freindly oil and natural gas
fired power plants when he took office to strain supplies further
rather than mandate coal plant (we have a 300 to 500 year suppply of
known reserves and more than anywhere else in the world too) Also the
same BTU content of oil that is in a ton of coal costs 6 times more
today so eeven with expensive scrubbers for emmisions from coal plants
it is cheaper to use coal but it is not controled by big oil which
control whitehouse. Recently in Motna , the gdemocrating governer is
pushing for a 10 billion dollar coal to fuel plant in a area with over
1 billion tons of proven coal reserves but the republican sec of state
is trying to block it because it is not part of big oil and threatens
their strangle hold. Why do you think Bush talks about hydrogen as
fuel of the future? It is because it is something that big oil can
make, ship, market and sell whicgh they cannot do with coal based
technology or electric cars (one of the main reasons that electric car
is not being exploited in markets that it could do well in). I m not a
tree hugger but I do regognize that things must change while most
ignore it.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old June 22nd 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

In article .com>,
says...
> High gas prices have created a new group of people -

[Garbage Snipped]

Do not feed the Trolls.

Old June 26th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default VUE Green Line (was: Oil Independence Day 2006)

Nobody wants a full-size SUV hybrid. Bubba Joe Sixpack likes a big
truck with a powerful engine. NASCAR Dad doesn't want a vehicle that
automatically regulates performance for greater fuel efficiency.
OTOH, Soccer Mom likes the VUE. For this reason, the VUE Green Line
is somewhat promising.

The majority of people in this market want a compact or midsize car.
Sorry if the profit margin isn't to GM's liking. Here's a bit of
irony: Honda and Toyota hybrids are selling at premium prices.

--
<http://www.well.com/user/silly/>
"Don't forget to register to vote" - Frank Zappa

Old June 27th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default VUE Green Line

BläBlä wrote:
> In article .com>,
> says...
>> Nobody wants a full-size SUV hybrid. Bubba Joe Sixpack likes a big
>> truck with a powerful engine. NASCAR Dad doesn't want a vehicle that
>> automatically regulates performance for greater fuel efficiency.
>> OTOH, Soccer Mom likes the VUE. For this reason, the VUE Green Line
>> is somewhat promising.
>>
>> The majority of people in this market want a compact or midsize car.
>> Sorry if the profit margin isn't to GM's liking. Here's a bit of
>> irony: Honda and Toyota hybrids are selling at premium prices.
>>
>> --
>> <http://www.well.com/user/silly/>
>> "Don't forget to register to vote" - Frank Zappa

> You know you can get the best frig'n Hybrid made on this planet and it
> wont save you a damn dime in the short or long run. That is the whole
> point of a hybrid aint it? To save money by not spending so much? Why
> does anyone want to pay a premium on a brand new car that will take
> 100,000 miles before it starts to turn a profit on that price
> difference?
>
> Do not fall for the Hybrid Hype. Somewhere people got this fallacy that
> the point of the hybrid is to save gas and forgot the real point was to
> save MONEY.
>
> irony: People are stupid.

Oh I dunno 'bout there. I suspect there are lots of people out there
that don't need to save the money and are doing it simply to burn less
gas and "save the environment." Not that I think it will help, but I
suspect that's also a strong motivator, not necessarily saving money.

Cheers,
Old June 27th 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

> > You know you can get the best frig'n Hybrid made on this planet and it
> > wont save you a damn dime in the short or long run. That is the whole
> > point of a hybrid aint it? To save money by not spending so much? Why
> > does anyone want to pay a premium on a brand new car that will take
> > 100,000 miles before it starts to turn a profit on that price
> > difference?
> >
> > Do not fall for the Hybrid Hype. Somewhere people got this fallacy that
> > the point of the hybrid is to save gas and forgot the real point was to
> > save MONEY.
> >
> > irony: People are stupid.

> Oh I dunno 'bout there. I suspect there are lots of people out there
> that don't need to save the money and are doing it simply to burn less
> gas and "save the environment." Not that I think it will help, but I
> suspect that's also a strong motivator, not necessarily saving money.
>
> Cheers,

Guess you havent heard of SMUG!

:-)

With cars burning as clean as they are a H2 probably creates less
pollution than a room full of hippies. (Especially if you cant afford to
drive it...) Personally I dislike both.
Old June 27th 06, 09:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

In message >,
Ritz > wrote:

> BläBlä wrote:
>
>> You know you can get the best frig'n Hybrid made on this planet
>> and it wont save you a damn dime in the short or long run.
>> That is the whole point of a hybrid aint it? To save money by
>> not spending so much? Why does anyone want to pay a premium on
>> a brand new car that will take 100,000 miles before it starts
>> to turn a profit on that price difference?

>> Do not fall for the Hybrid Hype. Somewhere people got this
>> fallacy that the point of the hybrid is to save gas and forgot
>> the real point was to save MONEY.

It's impossible to know how high the price of gasoline at the pump
will be in the years ahead.

The 2007 VUE Green Line will cost $2,000 more than the standard
4-cylinder model.

<http://www.hybridcars.com/saturn-vue-hybrid.html>

If hybrids continue to gain in popularity, the sticker price will
probably decrease eventually.

>> irony: People are stupid.

> Oh I dunno 'bout there. I suspect there are lots of people out
> there that don't need to save the money and are doing it simply
> to burn less gas and "save the environment." Not that I think
> it will help, but I suspect that's also a strong motivator, not
> necessarily saving money.

Saturn should attract this kind of customer.

But why no Ion Green Line?

Old June 27th 06, 01:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default VUE Green Line (was: load of crap)

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 01:59:37 GMT, BläBlä
> wrote:

>You know you can get the best frig'n Hybrid made on this planet and it
>wont save you a damn dime in the short or long run. That is the whole
>point of a hybrid aint it? To save money by not spending so much? Why
>does anyone want to pay a premium on a brand new car that will take
>100,000 miles before it starts to turn a profit on that price
>difference?
>
>Do not fall for the Hybrid Hype. Somewhere people got this fallacy that
>the point of the hybrid is to save gas and forgot the real point was to
>save MONEY.
>
>irony: People are stupid.

Not really, while hybrids will not save you much money at all if you
drive on highway a lot but they can do wonders in city traffic because
the capture the energy that is normally wasted braking and use it to
relaunch the vehicle. The future is going to belong to some sort of
hybrid car concept that has not been developed yet.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old June 27th 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On 27 Jun 2006 01:38:49 -0700, "Thomas Armagost" >
wrote:

>It's impossible to know how high the price of gasoline at the pump
>will be in the years ahead.

Maybe not exactally but you can forecast a trend. I predict some
$4/gallon fuel before end of 2007 and deisel fuel could hit that this
winter if it is a cold winter. It would have last winter if it had
been a cold winter. If you do not plan on high fuel prices in coming
years you will pay the price because like it or not it is coming.
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com