fender flares

Old June 18th 05, 03:25 AM
Dave

Default fender flares

I know we have been through this before but has anybody found a good
treatment to regain the black color back in the plastic fender flares?
I tried the heat gun and it worked for about 3 months. has anybody
tried "Forever Black from 4wd.com?
Old June 18th 05, 09:44 AM
Mike Chambers

I just went to the hardware store and got spray paint for plastic.
Look's really good.

Later Mike

Old June 18th 05, 01:42 PM

Dave wrote:
> I know we have been through this before but has anybody found a good
> treatment to regain the black color back in the plastic fender flares?
> I tried the heat gun and it worked for about 3 months. has anybody
> tried "Forever Black from 4wd.com?

I use this stuff,
it's been recommended by others in this forum. 303 protectant. It's
brought my flares back to black and I use it on all my trim and
interior.
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/p...ID=358&src=frg

Old June 18th 05, 03:36 PM
IsellJeeps

I paint them but "Mothers Back-toBlack" works ok

Old June 18th 05, 04:13 PM
Jerry Bransford

"Forever" in the case of Forever Black means about a week.

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old June 18th 05, 04:19 PM
Lon

...or until the first wash. I've had reasonable luck with ordinary
black plastic based outdoor paint. I used a round stiff artist
style brush to apply it so it has a stippled surface rather than
looking like cheap paint.

Jerry Bransford proclaimed:

Old June 18th 05, 04:25 PM
Seahag

"IsellJeeps" > wrote:
>I paint them but "Mothers Back-toBlack" works ok

I'm pretty happy with "Back to Black".

Seahag

Old June 18th 05, 08:09 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Dave,
Real Jeeps don't have no stinkin' fender flares:
http://billhughes.com/46jeep.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old June 19th 05, 02:06 AM
Lon

Well, of course. They don't stink if you wash them off in the
nearest creek every now and then.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed:

jeep fender compatibility?? serg Jeep 8 March 10th 05 01:44 AM
Fender Flares alex d Jeep 7 February 22nd 05 03:20 AM
Fender flare opinions Dennis Cox Jeep 4 February 4th 05 03:02 AM
Can you buy a lf fender of civic root Honda 3 January 7th 05 04:33 PM
FS: 1951 Chevy Parts Deluxe Fender Chrome, 51-52 Fender Skirts Etc! jack Antique cars 0 October 21st 03 03:05 AM