Carfax, Buying Used, & Craigslist.org

Old July 17th 08, 06:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
jim beam

Default Update Carfax, Buying Used, & Craigslist.org

Pszemol wrote:
> "jim beam" > wrote in message
>> Pszemol wrote:
>>> "jim beam" > wrote in message
>>> t...

>>> Can you point me to some source information on this subject?

>> absolutely. http://www.google.com

> trying very hard to be funny?

no, i'm dead serious.

> Show me a document proving what you said about the car engine
> @ 10k being tight and wasting more energy on frictionthan @ 50k.

easy. click on that link and do some homework. or you can go to school
and study things like engineering for a few years.
Old July 17th 08, 06:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
jim beam

Pszemol wrote:
> "jim beam" > wrote in message
> t...
>> obviously. but all i'll help him with is kicking the chair out of the
>> way after he's put the noose around his own idiot neck.

> I can see now more clearly what sort of people you are.

"i can now see more clearly what sort of person you are".

english. math. what are our schools coming to?
Old July 17th 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:44:12 -0700, jim beam > wrote:
>Pszemol wrote:
>> "jim beam" > wrote in message
>> t...
>>> obviously. but all i'll help him with is kicking the chair out of the
>>> way after he's put the noose around his own idiot neck.

>> I can see now more clearly what sort of people you are.

>"i can now see more clearly what sort of person you are".

>english. math. what are our schools coming to?

You think his English is bad? Out of my immediate group of coworkers, five out
of seven are from India. A couple of them sound like indians from an early
hollywood western. It's also related to our broken educational system -- the
company wouldn't be able to find enough software engineers if having english as
a first language was a serious requirement.
Old July 18th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
jim beam

AZ Nomad wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:44:12 -0700, jim beam > wrote:
>> Pszemol wrote:
>>> "jim beam" > wrote in message
>>> t...
>>> I can see now more clearly what sort of people you are.

>> "i can now see more clearly what sort of person you are".

>> english. math. what are our schools coming to?

> You think his English is bad? Out of my immediate group of coworkers, five out
> of seven are from India. A couple of them sound like indians from an early
> hollywood western. It's also related to our broken educational system -- the
> company wouldn't be able to find enough software engineers if having english as
> a first language was a serious requirement.

that's odd. all the indian engineer's i've worked with have had
excellent english. thick accents when speaking, but excellent written
english. it's the language of all higher education in india from what i
understand.
Old July 18th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:52:09 -0700, jim beam > wrote:
>AZ Nomad wrote:

>>> "i can now see more clearly what sort of person you are".

>>> english. math. what are our schools coming to?

>> You think his English is bad? Out of my immediate group of coworkers, five out
>> of seven are from India. A couple of them sound like indians from an early
>> hollywood western. It's also related to our broken educational system -- the
>> company wouldn't be able to find enough software engineers if having english as
>> a first language was a serious requirement.

>that's odd. all the indian engineer's i've worked with have had
>excellent english. thick accents when speaking, but excellent written
>english. it's the language of all higher education in india from what i
>understand.

I dunno. They range all over the place. At one end of the spectrum, I have
an indian coworker who can handle any idiom I care to use. At the other end
of the spectrum is a coworker who can't assemble a complex sentence to
save her life. The latter obviously didn't use 'british english' much if at
all while growing up and must have used the regional languages primarily.
She says that she went to grad school in london. I figure that it gave her
about 2 years exposure to english which sounds about right.

And don't get me going about their seventy syllable names. Their
name tags on the cubicles have to be done in an 8 point font.

Old July 19th 08, 11:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding

Elle wrote:
> "Pszemol" > wrote
>> Lets say you compare a car making 30mpg to a car making
>> 35mpg.
>> 12000/30 is 400 gallons. 12000/35 is 343 gallons.
>> Difference
>> is 57 gallons. With todays price less than $5 per gallons
>> it
>> is 57*5 = 285 dollars PER YEAR. 23 dollars per month...

> ~$20/month is something a lot of people do mind. That's a
> nice lunch somewhere once a month. There's no point in
> paying it, if it can be avoided. Twenty bucks here, twenty
> there each month adds up.

For sure, as do the gallons of gas *not* burned.

On Craigslist Big Al[_2_] Ford Mustang 1 December 31st 07 02:17 AM
Saw this on Craigslist Steve Foley VW air cooled 0 May 17th 07 06:37 PM
buying a used A6.Need carfax brett Audi 3 March 8th 05 04:43 AM
carfax prajju Driving 8 December 11th 04 10:40 PM
buying a Saturn-like buying a lottery ticket misterfact Saturn 3 July 2nd 04 10:02 PM