MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

Old June 30th 07, 10:44 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Jeff[_3_]

Default MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Wickeddoll®" > wrote in message

<...>

>>> However, it often has a lot to do with education, not intelligence.

>> Exactly- I know plenty of well-educated people who don't wear their
>> seatbelts routinely.

> The governor of New Jersey, for instance.

What about him? He wears his seatbelts, NOW.

Jeff

Old June 30th 07, 10:51 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Michael Pardee

Three years ago one of my wife's friends neglected to belt up before she got
on the icy highway. The car slid off and she broke the passenger's door with
her butt, fracturing a vertebrum. She was taken off in an ambulance and has
only partially recovered so far - if she had been belted in she could have
driven her car home.

Two years ago a friend was driving his work truck westbound from Phoenix on
I-10. A car in the next lane and slightly ahead had a blowout at 75 mph and
the driver overcorrected, veering sideways in front of my friend's truck.
With no time to react my friend's truck hit the car in the driver's door,
sending it rolling madly down the freeway until it came to rest on its roof.
All the glass was gone and the car was unrecognizable. The young woman
driving it unfastened her belt and crawled out with just a cut on her hand.
When she recovered some of her wits she started screaming, "My baby!" My
friend and one of the others who had stopped crawled inside to find an
infant in a baby seat in the center of the rear seat, looking puzzled. They
unfastened the baby seat from the car and lifted it out. Mother and baby
slept in their own beds that night instead of any of the awful alternatives.

Last year my wife's sister didn't notice the car in front of her had
stopped. She hit the stopped car; she was unbelted and the steering wheel
tore her liver completely in two. Her young daughter had belted herself in
the passenger seat and was unhurt.

Somehow it really doesn't seem very hard to understand.

Mike

Old June 30th 07, 11:00 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Jeff[_3_]

Michael Pardee wrote:
<...>

> Somehow it really doesn't seem very hard to understand.

There is a big difference between understanding and doing the
appropriate behavior.

Ask all those who smoke.

Jeff

Old June 30th 07, 11:39 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
\)

Default MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis? Or wasting away eating peanuts!!!

Walk and stay off the highways, you be safe and save a lot of gas. You be
doing about 15 MPG of water.
Ahh but wait you might get killed by a four or two legged creature walking.
If you got to walk pack and if you pack carry P+.
Life is a bitch and then you die, when it is your turn your gone belt or
not.

BuBa JoeBoB from S.C.
ROFLMAO

Old June 30th 07, 11:56 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Wickeddoll®[_2_]

"Michael Pardee" ...
> Three years ago one of my wife's friends neglected to belt up before she
> got on the icy highway. The car slid off and she broke the passenger's
> door with her butt, fracturing a vertebrum. She was taken off in an
> ambulance and has only partially recovered so far - if she had been belted
> in she could have driven her car home.
>
> Two years ago a friend was driving his work truck westbound from Phoenix
> on I-10. A car in the next lane and slightly ahead had a blowout at 75 mph
> and the driver overcorrected, veering sideways in front of my friend's
> truck. With no time to react my friend's truck hit the car in the driver's
> door, sending it rolling madly down the freeway until it came to rest on
> its roof. All the glass was gone and the car was unrecognizable. The young
> woman driving it unfastened her belt and crawled out with just a cut on
> her hand. When she recovered some of her wits she started screaming, "My
> baby!" My friend and one of the others who had stopped crawled inside to
> find an infant in a baby seat in the center of the rear seat, looking
> puzzled. They unfastened the baby seat from the car and lifted it out.
> Mother and baby slept in their own beds that night instead of any of the
> awful alternatives.
>
> Last year my wife's sister didn't notice the car in front of her had
> stopped. She hit the stopped car; she was unbelted and the steering wheel
> tore her liver completely in two. Her young daughter had belted herself in
> the passenger seat and was unhurt.
>
> Somehow it really doesn't seem very hard to understand.
>
> Mike

You would think so, but apparently it isn't.

I became even more of restraint fanatic after working in an Emergency Room.

I remember a New Year's Eve fatality with a 17-year-old girl, who, when you
looked at her body, there was barely a mark on her, but she died instantly
when her unrestrained head hit just the right part of the inside of the car.
(she wasn't drunk or high, either)

What a waste.

Natalie

Old June 30th 07, 11:57 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Wickeddoll®[_2_]

"Jeff" ...
> Michael Pardee wrote:
> <...>
>
>> Somehow it really doesn't seem very hard to understand.

> There is a big difference between understanding and doing the appropriate
> behavior.
>
> Ask all those who smoke.
>
> Jeff

But it's waaayyyy easier to put on a seat belt, than quit smoking, or for
that matter, losing weight.

Natalie

Old July 1st 07, 12:12 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
GO Mavs

I have never been in a car without my seat belt on...

guess that is just how we were raised...

my parents both worked at a hospital though...

I always love those stories people tell you about "the doctor told me if i
had my seat belt on, id be dead."

cough cough... bs cough cough...

Old July 1st 07, 12:25 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Grumpy AuContraire

Wickeddoll® wrote:
> "Jeff" ...
>
>>jim beam wrote:

>>>chill babe! you're witnessing something vital to the survival of the
>>>species! if the stupid ones kill themselves [and their kids], they will
>>>die out. that leaves more for the rest of us!

>>Actually, they just need to kill their kids.
>>
>>However, it often has a lot to do with education, not intelligence.

> Exactly- I know plenty of well-educated people who don't wear their
> seatbelts routinely. They only wear them for the highway, which is stupid,
> since most fatalities happen within 30 minutes of one's home. Dunno why
> that is; my guess is that on the highway, people tend to be more alert.
>
>>Rather, I would like to keep all the kids alive and have them well
>>educated.
>>
>>Jeff

> I get the Darwin thing, but it's not the kids' fault their parents are
> idjits.
>
> Natalie

Maybe but bear in mind that the defective genes have probably been
passed on down...

JT

Old July 1st 07, 01:10 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
BobG

On Jun 30, 6:39?pm, ";\)" > wrote:
> Walk and stay off the highways, you be safe and save a lot of gas. You be
> doing about 15 MPG of water.

====================================
But bottled water costs four times as much as gas.....

Old July 1st 07, 01:10 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Wickeddoll®[_2_]

"GO Mavs"...
>I have never been in a car without my seat belt on...
>
> guess that is just how we were raised...
>
> my parents both worked at a hospital though...

Bingo!

> I always love those stories people tell you about "the doctor told me if i
> had my seat belt on, id be dead."
>
> cough cough... bs cough cough...

Amen! Most of the time, that's exactly what it is.

Natalie

> "Wickeddoll®" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Michael Pardee" ...
>>> Three years ago one of my wife's friends neglected to belt up before she
>>> got on the icy highway. The car slid off and she broke the passenger's
>>> door with her butt, fracturing a vertebrum. She was taken off in an
>>> ambulance and has only partially recovered so far - if she had been
>>> belted in she could have driven her car home.
>>>
>>> Two years ago a friend was driving his work truck westbound from Phoenix
>>> on I-10. A car in the next lane and slightly ahead had a blowout at 75
>>> mph and the driver overcorrected, veering sideways in front of my
>>> friend's truck. With no time to react my friend's truck hit the car in
>>> the driver's door, sending it rolling madly down the freeway until it
>>> came to rest on its roof. All the glass was gone and the car was
>>> unrecognizable. The young woman driving it unfastened her belt and
>>> crawled out with just a cut on her hand. When she recovered some of her
>>> wits she started screaming, "My baby!" My friend and one of the others
>>> who had stopped crawled inside to find an infant in a baby seat in the
>>> center of the rear seat, looking puzzled. They unfastened the baby seat
>>> from the car and lifted it out. Mother and baby slept in their own beds
>>> that night instead of any of the awful alternatives.
>>>
>>> Last year my wife's sister didn't notice the car in front of her had
>>> stopped. She hit the stopped car; she was unbelted and the steering
>>> wheel tore her liver completely in two. Her young daughter had belted
>>> herself in the passenger seat and was unhurt.
>>>
>>> Somehow it really doesn't seem very hard to understand.
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>

>> You would think so, but apparently it isn't.
>>
>> I became even more of restraint fanatic after working in an Emergency
>> Room.
>>
>> I remember a New Year's Eve fatality with a 17-year-old girl, who, when
>> you looked at her body, there was barely a mark on her, but she died
>> instantly when her unrestrained head hit just the right part of the
>> inside of the car. (she wasn't drunk or high, either)
>>
>> What a waste.
>>
>> Natalie

Is anyone using a smaller steering wheel in a C3 ? dave Corvette 1 March 31st 05 04:13 PM
Smaller Wheels CobraJet Ford Mustang 17 February 17th 05 05:35 AM
4WD smaller vehicle choices Dan Birchall 4x4 2 August 11th 04 08:24 PM