Saturn hopes to beat Honda, Toyota in hybrid sales

Old March 1st 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
PerfectReign[_2_]

Default Saturn hopes to beat Honda, Toyota in hybrid sales

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 10:20:47 -0600, a rock fell the sky, hitting Server 13
on the head, and inspiring the following:

> "Doug Miller" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> In article >, SnoMan
>> > wrote:

>>> Give it a rest.... It is not blank and it is set up properly. I could
>>>make it blank though.

>> It obviously is *not* set up properly -- you just prepended *another* "
>> "
>> to the subject. And the reason that's a problem is that every time you
>> change
>> the subject, you create another separate thread.

> Not on my reader. Here, it causes no problem of any sort. In fact, your
> incessant whining is about 50x as obnoxious.

Agreed. This is getting childish, folks.

I see no Re re re... things happening.

Of course, it could be because I'm using Linux and not Wintendo... :P

--
kai

closing the doors that surround me
so no one will ever penetrate
complete my retreat just to wait for the day
that never comes so i will laugh alone
Old March 1st 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

In article <a sick & twisted > wrote...
> Not on my reader. Here, it causes no problem of any sort. In fact, your
> incessant whining is about 50x as obnoxious.

pfft... 820 worthless post in the month of Febuary. Yup you're a troll.
Old March 1st 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Kevin

PerfectReign wrote:

>> just do not relize how much 87 holds things back because it limits
>> efficency and compression. The use advanced knock control to mask it but
>> it hurts MPG and power at times.

> Yeah, but it is certianly cheaper when you're filling up your 30-gallon
> tank at Costco for $2.41 as opposed to $2.85 for premium 89 octane.

For the sake of argument, lets say a small car - Saturn, perhaps - has
a 2.4l 170HP engine and gets 30MPG.

Then you put in a higher efficiency, higher compression motor - say 1.8l
170HP - that gets 38MPG, but requires premium fuel.

Then while I'm paying the extra 20 cents a gallon (the difference
between 87 & 91 octane here in St. Louis), I'm rewarded with higher MPG,
so it may actually be cheaper to use the higher octane / more efficient
combo.

smaller forced induction motors can and should replace larger
displacement NA engines, but consumers, insurance companies, and
manufacturers don't want it, don't understand it, and don't do it (in
that order).

Old March 1st 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article >, =?iso-8859-15?Q?Bl=E4Bl=E4?=
. s!rcre4p.c0m> wrote:

>Again...Facts mean nothing to Snoball. He will make no attempt at fixing
>agent. While you guys are in Google entertain yourselfs by reading the
>crap he post and the countless corrections others have to make.
>
>Here's a good one that sums him up
>>

> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a..._thread/thread
>/581c43a7ef539df3/c62b7db16fc95568?lnk=st&q=clip&rnum=2#

That would be amusing if it weren't so sad. Just FWIW -- the "Doug" who was
the OP in that thread is *not* me.

--
Regards,

Old March 1st 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article >, "Steve" m> wrote:

> FWIW, I agree with SnoMan on this one -- my client (MS OE) is *not*
>showing separate threads by him (other than those he obviously intends to be
>so).

Whether they appear as separate threads is client-dependent.

--
Regards,

Old March 2nd 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

Now now, lets play nice - even to those of us who still use OE :-)

As far as GM "killing off Saturn", I say bah. To quote Dylan, the times they
are a changin'. For Saturn, it's change or die. As the L-series was
originally "helped" by Opel, it only makes logical sense that Saturn again
turns to them, and furthermore the fact that they are both GM companies.
Lets be honest here, GM has been starving Saturn for new product for years
now. Its due time for new models to appear. The days of the cheapo-economy
box are over sad to say, but it's all part of survival, evolve or die.

The one thing that Saturn has never and will not go away from is their
reputation (mostly good) for taking care of people. To that extent, Saturn
will always be Saturn. I can say that with all confidence because I know one
of the original Saturn people who still believes strongly in the original
concept. The cars may change, but Saturn is trying to maintain their
original people philosophy while building better cars. IMHO, after 12 years
of the S-series and 5 years of the ION, change is long overdue.

--
marx404