ruined my life

Old January 27th 05, 11:35 PM
JJ

Default ruined my life

My A4 has ruined my life. I have extreme leg pain from this vehicle. My leg
is numb and aches...every time I drive...I guess....being tall......is NOT a
good thing. I had a passat....not problems...but I think this vehicle is
very close to the Jetta.......

Old January 28th 05, 01:05 AM
Charlie Derk

Perhpas you shouldn't drive so much. Or maybe try the A6 instead -
which is closer in size to the Passat

Old January 28th 05, 01:49 AM
daytripper

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:35:21 -0600, "JJ" > wrote:

>My A4 has ruined my life. I have extreme leg pain from this vehicle. My leg
>is numb and aches...every time I drive...I guess....being tall......is NOT a
>good thing. I had a passat....not problems...but I think this vehicle is
>very close to the Jetta.......

I'm 6' 5" tall, 53 years of age.
I had two lumbar laminectomies before cy2000.
My B5 S4 is the most comfortable car I've ever owned.
Go figure...

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd
Old January 28th 05, 02:37 AM
Dave LaCourse

JJJ writes:

>My A4 has ruined my life. I have extreme leg pain from this vehicle. My leg
>is numb and aches...every time I drive...I guess....being tall......is NOT a
>good thing. I had a passat....not problems...but I think this vehicle is
>very close to the Jetta.......

What you need is a Yugo. They are great trolling cars.

hth

Dave
(Quantum Synchro, 200T, S4, A6, and RS6 with nary an aching anything, and I'm
six one, 220 pounds and 67 years old. Now, those Yugos, well...... they'll
give ya a pain in the ass, which seems to be your problem.....d;o).......)

Old January 28th 05, 03:27 AM
JimV

JJ wrote:
> My A4 has ruined my life. I have extreme leg pain from this vehicle. My leg
> is numb and aches...every time I drive...I guess....being tall......is NOT a
> good thing. I had a passat....not problems...but I think this vehicle is
> very close to the Jetta.......

Didn't you drive it before you bought it? I'm 6'4" and I couldn't drive
my wife's A4 for very long. It's just not built for tall people.

Old January 28th 05, 01:30 PM
Vass

"JJ" > wrote in message
> My A4 has ruined my life. I have extreme leg pain from this vehicle. My

leg
> is numb and aches...every time I drive...I guess....being tall......is NOT

> good thing. I had a passat....not problems...but I think this vehicle is
> very close to the Jetta.......

err... move it away from the Jetta to make more room for your legs ?

--
Vass
Now: YZF-R1, CBR1100xx-x

Old January 29th 05, 03:50 AM
Chas

"JJ" > wrote in message
> My A4 has ruined my life. I have extreme leg pain from this vehicle. My
> leg is numb and aches...every time I drive...I guess....being tall......is
> NOT a good thing. I had a passat....not problems...but I think this
> vehicle is very close to the Jetta.......

Odd thing, I'm only 6' and my right leg used to ache terribly after driving
my A4 for more than an hour or so. Took me a while to notice the culprit -
for a while I thought was just getting old!! Then I spent about 9 hours in
my A4 over a couple of days and could hardly stand the next day!!!

IMO, I think the main problem was there being very little 'spring' (or
feedback) in the gas pedal, causing ny foot to be lightly balanced, causing
tension especially down the lower leg.

I now drive a Ford Galaxy, which apart from a completely different driving
position also has an accelerator that has more positive feedback and you can
'rest' your foot on - but need to press hard to go faster. I haven't
noticed *any* pain since.

FWIW my brother-in-law, who is 6'5" does about 2,500 miles a month in his 03
Passat (basically an earlier A4) and I've never heard him say anything other
than how comfortable it is.

Old January 29th 05, 12:49 PM
Dennis

I had a similar issue with my A6 except it was my lower back. I'd been
driving A6's and 100's for 7 years putting on approximately 55-60K per
year due to my commute. I had a 91 100, 92 100s, and a 98 A6 Avant. The
thing is, they all had the same exact seats! I'm not a tall guy, only
5'9" but I was experiencing pretty severe back pain every day. My remedy
was to buy an A8! It's like sitting in a recliner and since I bought it,
I haven't had any back pain at all!

Dennis

Old January 29th 05, 03:36 PM
AustinMini.OsiTech.Net

Oh I see, Audi has a lovely scheme on there hands.

Buy A4 and they make you surfer through backaches and then they entice you
into a cushiony A8 - interesting.

--
_________________________________
http://austinmini.ositech.net

newsDLKd.3893$g_3.3578@trndny08...

Old January 29th 05, 04:07 PM
Jay Somerset

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:35:21 -0600, "JJ" > wrote:

> My A4 has ruined my life. I have extreme leg pain from this vehicle. My leg
> is numb and aches...every time I drive...I guess....being tall......is NOT a
> good thing. I had a passat....not problems...but I think this vehicle is
> very close to the Jetta.......

It sounds like a nerve is getting pinched. I also have had this problem so
many years. Seat position is key, and different seats need different
settings.

In my A6, I had to move the seat nearer the steering wheel (to reduce leg
stretch), tilt the seat itself back a bit, and put the backrest in a more
upright position. If possible, try to get all your joints (hip, knee,
ankle) as close to 90 degrees as possible. Also, set the steering wheel to
keep your elbows bent quite a bit. The "sports car straight arm" posture
will strain your neck, and this may be the source of the pinched nerve.

Use cruise control whenever possible -- this lets you relax your right leg.

Good luck.

I can teach anyone how to get what they want out of life. reynArd Antique cars 1 November 20th 04 10:14 PM
Life in the Fast Lane D. Rogers Mazda 0 October 30th 04 02:18 AM
FS: "The Life Of Jacques Villeneuve" (Formula 1) 1st Edition Book J.R. Sinclair General 0 June 20th 04 06:51 AM
Longer life CV boots?? Ken Pisichko General 11 May 2nd 04 08:43 PM
brake pad shelf life vs. humidity Dan Jacobson Antique cars 0 July 19th 03 08:20 PM