Selling a car with a lien (CA)

Old December 2nd 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
A Veteran

Default Selling a car with a lien (CA)

we might sell an '70 bug and take payments for some of the Deal.
Any pitfalls ? California. that is.

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
All problems look like nails.
Old December 2nd 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Dec 2, 1:46 pm, A Veteran > wrote:
> we might sell an '70 bug and take payments for some of the Deal.
> Any pitfalls ? California. that is.
>
> --
> when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
> All problems look like nail

The problem is if something happens to the beetle day after it's sold
and the person doesn't have some kind of insurance to cover the full
cost you will be out.

Mario
Vintage Werks resto
Old December 4th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dennis[_4_]

On Dec 2, 3:46 pm, A Veteran > wrote:
> we might sell an '70 bug and take payments for some of the Deal.
> Any pitfalls ? California. that is.
>
> --
> when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
> All problems look like nails.

Yes, many. If you do this, give them a bill of sale with all
conditions of the sale including a none-refundable clause for deposit
and payments made to you and dates by which payments must be made to
you. Of course the car will not be moved from your place nor signed
title given untill all terms of the contract are met. I've done this
before and it is hard to make work. Remember, you are doing them a
big favor to take their payments and wait for your money. Make sure
you both have signed and dated the bill of sale and have copys. Check
with a lawyer to see what laws apply in your state since that is the
state the sale is taking place in concerning the conditions of the
sale. Stick to your guns on this or don't do it. Dennis

california lien question Steven C General 0 March 15th 06 04:09 AM
Question regarding paid off vehicle/lien release Justa Dawg Ford Explorer 7 October 24th 05 09:24 PM
dmv california - lien released question [email protected] General 5 May 4th 05 05:32 PM
Selling My XJ M. E. Bye Jeep 0 April 24th 05 03:07 PM
Selling My '87 CRX HF :( White Buffalo Honda 1 April 19th 05 11:29 PM