did I see a ghia on a Macy's ad?

Old December 28th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
A Veteran

Default did I see a ghia on a Macy's ad?

just caught a glimpse , did anyone see it?

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
All problems look like nails.
Old December 28th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Eddie

Yes sir, a red convertible.

--
Eddie
1965 Beetle

Old December 28th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
A Veteran

In article >,
"Eddie" > wrote:

> Yes sir, a red convertible.

why were they pushing it.
gawd, they must've blown $20,000 on just the paint job.

Old January 2nd 08, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
A Veteran

In article
A Veteran > wrote:

> In article >,
> "Eddie" > wrote:
>
> > Yes sir, a red convertible.

> why were they pushing it.
> gawd, they must've blown $20,000 on just the paint job.

I figured why they were pushing it. The owner rented it to them with
the stipulation that they not drive it.
that's what I would do. Not give them the key. Unless.......

Old January 2nd 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Jan 1, 9:02*pm, A Veteran > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *A *Veteran > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > *"Eddie" > wrote:

> > > Yes sir, a red convertible.

> > why were they pushing it.
> > gawd, they must've blown $20,000 *on just the paint job.

> I figured why they were pushing it. *The owner rented it to them with
> the stipulation that they not drive it.
> that's what I would do. *Not give them the key. *Unless.......
>
> --
> when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
> All problems look like nails.

It looked like an early model pre 60 and I'm not sure about 20K for
the paint job but I'm sure the Ghia is worth that or more.

Mario
Vintage Werks resto
Old January 4th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Legion of Doom

On Jan 2, 6:57*am, " > wrote:
> On Jan 1, 9:02*pm, A *Veteran > wrote:
>

> > In article
> > >,
> > *A *Veteran > wrote:

> > > why were they pushing it.
> > > gawd, they must've blown $20,000 *on just the paint job.

> > I figured why they were pushing it. *The owner rented it to them with
> > the stipulation that they not drive it.
> > that's what I would do. *Not give them the key. *Unless.......

> > --
> > when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
> > All problems look like nails.

> It looked like an early model pre 60 and I'm not sure about 20K for
> the paint job but I'm sure the Ghia is worth that or more.
>
> Mario
> Vintage Werks resto- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, Mario.... like you are some sort of authority on what a $20000
paint job would look like.
Go inhale some more paint thinner fumes, you worthless ****ing hack.
Old January 4th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Legion of Doom" > wrote in message

Yeah, Mario.... like you are some sort of authority on what a $20000
paint job would look like.
Go inhale some more paint thinner fumes, you worthless ****ing hack.

LOL...add to that, that the ghia in the commercial was not an "early 60's"
model, and his recent speak of a 79 ghia, and it all become clear...he's a
loudmouthed **** with no talent, that has nothing, because that's what he's
worth... **** YOU MARIO, you are a talentless hack...prove me wrong, LOL

Old January 5th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Jan 4, 3:50*pm, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
> "Legion of Doom" > wrote in ...
>
> Yeah, Mario.... like you are some sort of authority on what a $20000
> paint job would look like.
> Go inhale some more paint thinner fumes, you worthless ****ing hack.
>
> LOL...add to that, that the ghia in the commercial was not an "early 60's"
> model, and his recent speak of a 79 ghia, and it all become clear...he's a
> loudmouthed **** with no talent, that has nothing, because that's what he's
> worth... **** YOU MARIO, you are a talentless hack...prove me wrong, LOL

LOL what I don't have is any credit cards or mortgages, I don't
believe in owing anyone anything if I cant pay cash I don't need it.

I'm willing to bet most of what you have really belongs to a bank and
before its paid off will be in the trash or a storage building
collecting dust. I don't need a lot of worthless **** to make me
feel worthy, Your in sad shape if you think a bunch of worthless junk
makes you worthy,

Some one will have to explain why having a storage building full of
junk that they pay to store and not use for years at a time means your
better then everyone ...it makes me think your silly.

Mario
Bad boy of VW haveing the last laugh
Old January 5th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message news:ccca0140-10cd-4ec5-88cc- LOL what
I don't have is any credit cards or mortgages, I don't
believe in owing anyone anything if I cant pay cash I don't need it.

I'm willing to bet most of what you have really belongs to a bank and
before its paid off will be in the trash or a storage building
collecting dust. I don't need a lot of worthless **** to make me
feel worthy, Your in sad shape if you think a bunch of worthless junk
makes you worthy,

Some one will have to explain why having a storage building full of
junk that they pay to store and not use for years at a time means your
better then everyone ...it makes me think your silly.

LOL..more bull**** spewed by the master bull****er of vw's..... Yes, I have
a mortgage, because i don't wanna live in a rented trailer...call me
wierd...no credit card balances here, Mario, I make enough money to keep
them paid off....just dropped 7K at CB performance....cash... that's more
than you make in a couple months of ripping people off...your envy is
obvious.... in my storage building I have two motorcycles, a lawn tractor, a
snow blower, and various other tools and machines used for upkeep of *owned*
property...and yes, all paid for....sorry blow your smoke somewhere else
hackmaster...