oh, no another T-2 power brake q.

Old October 29th 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Default oh, no another T-2 power brake q.

On Oct 28, 5:42 pm, A Veteran > wrote:
> I had some stalling (no idle) on my '71 bus. with a '78 front end.
> it would idle when I plugged the vacuum line to the servo.
> How do you check for leaks in the servo?
>
> --
> when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
> All problems look like nails.

take a wheel valve and insert it in the hose going into the intake
manifold. I use a clamp to make sure its sealed. then put about 20
pounds of air, check this with tire gage. Let set for a few hours and
check to see if you have any pressure still in the system.

Mario
Vintage Werks resto

Old October 29th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim

A Veteran wrote:
> I had some stalling (no idle) on my '71 bus. with a '78 front end.
> it would idle when I plugged the vacuum line to the servo.
> How do you check for leaks in the servo?

You could probably simply suck on the vac line.
I would do the check right at the servo to eliminate
hose leaks before condemning the servo. Those hoses
tend to get stiff and don't seal well.

There is a check valve in the line which could affect testing,
just so you know.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/