hubcap/centercap

Old August 16th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59[_1_]

Default hubcap/centercap

Hi all,

Just back from my holiday. When i drove my bug home from my inlaws place
yesterday, i lost my left hubcap, it happened twice before on the right side
but now it happened on the left side. They are the stock hub for a 4 bolt
steel rim. I got them back every time, but it still is annoying. Today i
took them all off and like the looks the way it is now. However the nut and
spline in the back are exposed as is the speedo in front. are there center
caps that fit on the wheels?

I found this on the internet:
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails....%2D698%2D1 73

If i read it correct, it'll fit, am i right?
If so, do i have to fit it from the inside out?

Thanks in advance,
Roger

Old August 17th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Rob J

I have those on my 69 Bug. The caps just fit real snug over the lug
bolts, and the center cap will require you to remove your wheel, so
you're right, from the inside out.

-Rob

Old August 17th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

"Rob J" > schreef in bericht
. ..
>I have those on my 69 Bug. The caps just fit real snug over the lug bolts,
>and the center cap will require you to remove your wheel, so you're right,
>from the inside out.
>
> -Rob

Thanks Rob, that's what i hoped.
Will get them asap.

Cheers,
Roger

Old August 17th 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

I'm curious as to how you're losing hubcaps. Rough road?

Old August 17th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

> schreef in bericht
ups.com...
> I'm curious as to how you're losing hubcaps. Rough road?

Funny you ask, but I have no clue.

first time when cornering, second on a slightly bumpy road (same day, same
hub)
thirth time when slowing down for a round about (nearly stoot still when it
came off)

I *think* because of bad quallity. ..OR...The rims are re-sprayed once so
maybe the 'edge' where the hub hook into is filled with paint..?

The bug is lowered and in the back the rims are wider so imo with the hubs
it looks a little dull (specially in the front). So I like it this way
better, just have to put on some center cabs to keep out the dirt.

Roger