2.4 mis-fire

Old May 21st 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 2.4 mis-fire

I have a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus, with a 2.4L. It has an intermittent
miss. I pulled the plugs, and checked the gap. They appear to be good.
However, I can see evidence of arcing between the tip and the plug
base.

How is it that the path of least resistance is around the plug, when
the gap and core still appear to be good?

I am going to replace the plugs to see if that helps. The manual
recommends wire replacement at 60,000 miles. I am about 12,000 miles
short of that.

-KM

Old May 21st 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bob Shuman

Replace the plugs and wires too.

Bob

oups.com...

Old May 21st 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On May 21, 8:39 am, "Bob Shuman" > wrote:
> Replace the plugs and wires too.
>
> Bob

Okay. Are there any good aftermarket wire sets? My local parts store
has Bosch, Borg Warner, and Autolite.

-KM

Old May 21st 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On May 21, 8:39 am, "Bob Shuman" > wrote:
> Replace the plugs and wires too.
>
> Bob

Okay. Are there any good aftermarket wire sets? My local parts store
has Bosch, Borg Warner, and Autolite.

-KM

Ship's Tour Of My Universe To Begin - Call To Arms! Duty Stations! Fire When Ready! Cease Fire Procola! Pt. I/III Knifeblade_03[_164_] Technology 1 April 2nd 07 05:03 AM
Race Car on Fire, Pit Crew on Fire, Everything on Fire..........Video Clip Hansi Technology 2 May 31st 06 06:52 PM
bug fire [email protected] VW air cooled 15 January 3rd 06 08:23 PM
Won't Fire buffdaddy225 Dodge 10 December 4th 05 02:09 AM
Won't fire... buffdaddy225 Dodge 1 December 1st 05 04:31 AM