3rd taillight on 63?

Old June 22nd 07, 03:48 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lib

Default 3rd taillight on 63?

I see this vehicle listed on Ebay-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...QcmdZViewItem-
and in the seller's description he say's- "A third extra tail light from 63
original option kit'. Was that really an option or an aftermarket idea?

Old June 22nd 07, 04:22 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
WayneC

lib wrote:
> I see this vehicle listed on Ebay-
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...QcmdZViewItem-
> and in the seller's description he say's- "A third extra tail light from 63
> original option kit'. Was that really an option or an aftermarket idea?

popular customizing technique at the time (likely AFTER 1963 model year
was over),
never offered by Chevrolet as an option.
Old June 22nd 07, 05:39 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"lib" > wrote in message
.. .
>I see this vehicle listed on Ebay-
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...QcmdZViewItem-
>and in the seller's description he say's- "A third extra tail light
>from 63 original option kit'. Was that really an option or an
>aftermarket idea?

Not a GM option, just a custom job that was common as were the rims,
disk brakes, valve covers, to just mention a few of the non stock '63
parts.

Old June 26th 07, 10:27 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
hmmmmmm

when i bought my '64, i was told later that it was
part of the "california option" whatever that means
but i haven't followed it up since...

is that something that dealer's would have offered
prior to selling??

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/phot...500&ppuser=169
697

"Dad" > wrote in message
> "lib" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >I see this vehicle listed on Ebay-

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...63-SLIPT-WINDO

W-CORVETTE-STINGRAY-RED-with-AUTO-TRANS_W0QQitemZ200120764748QQihZ010QQcateg
oryZ6168QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem-
> >and in the seller's description he say's- "A third extra tail light
> >from 63 original option kit'. Was that really an option or an
> >aftermarket idea?

> Not a GM option, just a custom job that was common as were the rims,
> disk brakes, valve covers, to just mention a few of the non stock '63
> parts.

where to buy: taillight assembly? Shag VW air cooled 1 June 12th 07 12:21 AM
Taillight hack..? Peer Landa Mazda 10 December 1st 05 03:40 AM
CJ taillight not fused? Rusted Jeep 5 November 19th 05 09:41 PM
98 Explorer Taillight [email protected] Ford Explorer 3 May 12th 05 12:31 AM
Need a '62-'67 taillight housing. Help? Chip Keller VW air cooled 0 November 4th 04 12:30 AM