98 Caravan instrument panel parking break light

Old August 1st 04, 04:00 AM
Yeasereno

Default 98 Caravan instrument panel parking break light

Recently my parking break indicator on the instrument panel has been
lighting up on it's own. It comes and goes. If I take a hard turn to the
left or brake suddenly it goes on, if I accelerate sharply or turn hard to
the right it goes out. It has become more and more persistent over the last
couple of weeks. I don't hear any noises or feel any indication that the
breaks are doing anything odd. The emergency brake works well. Looking
through a Chilton's manual it's hard to isolate that indicator. Looks like
there is a solenoid inline. Anyone have any ideas?

Old August 1st 04, 04:34 AM
the fly

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 03:00:28 GMT, "Yeasereno"
> wrote:

>Recently my parking break indicator on the instrument panel has been
>lighting up on it's own. It comes and goes. If I take a hard turn to the
>left or brake suddenly it goes on, if I accelerate sharply or turn hard to
>the right it goes out. It has become more and more persistent over the last
>couple of weeks. I don't hear any noises or feel any indication that the
>breaks are doing anything odd. The emergency brake works well. Looking
>through a Chilton's manual it's hard to isolate that indicator. Looks like
>there is a solenoid inline. Anyone have any ideas?

Check the level of brake fluid in the reservoir on the master
cylinder. I'll bet you need to add some.
Old August 1st 04, 04:34 AM
the fly

Old August 2nd 04, 03:36 AM
Yeasereno

"the fly" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 03:00:28 GMT, "Yeasereno"
> > wrote:
>
> >Recently my parking break indicator on the instrument panel has been
> >lighting up on it's own. It comes and goes. If I take a hard turn to the
> >left or brake suddenly it goes on, if I accelerate sharply or turn hard

> >the right it goes out. It has become more and more persistent over the

last
> >couple of weeks. I don't hear any noises or feel any indication that the
> >breaks are doing anything odd. The emergency brake works well. Looking
> >through a Chilton's manual it's hard to isolate that indicator. Looks

like
> >there is a solenoid inline. Anyone have any ideas?
> >

> Check the level of brake fluid in the reservoir on the master
> cylinder. I'll bet you need to add some.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Turned out of the fluid was low, so a quick
fill and no more light. I will keep an eye on it to see if it drops
abnormally quick. Thanks again.

Old August 2nd 04, 03:36 AM
Yeasereno