DPS officer creams DPS officer - break out the violins

Old December 19th 09, 07:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default DPS officer creams DPS officer - break out the violins

Dateline: Phoenix, AZ

http://www.kpho.com/news/22001255/detail.html
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...killed-ON.html

Out of respect for the officer with poor eyesight they are not
releasing his name. Of course, if it had been a private citizen who
ran down the DPS officer their name would have been all over the news
and most likely they'd be locked up.

As is reported in almost every news story, feel free to send money to
the dead officers family - they are never too proud to take money from
the public even though they make way more then the average wage for
Arizona for doing little more then harassing people.

The gal who was being chased was an 8 time loser who should have been
in prison, not out on the streets driving high on meth.

This is the third time in about as many years where someone has been
killed in the valley because of these stupid "high" speed chases. The
first two were merely private citizens so no one cared. But THIS is
an OFFICER so everyone is all worked up and finally talking about
reviewing their pursuit policies.

As always, the media hyped the hell out of this when it was breaking,
breathlessly reporting that it was a chase with speeds over 100 mph.
Later they got the facts and reported that the speeds never exceeded
60 mph and the speed limit where the chase took place was 65 mph. So
the bottom line is one myopic officer killed another who was too
stupid to look for traffic coming at him at normal highway speeds.
Which of course, makes the dead officer a hero rather then a moron.

Just another day where the media sucks the authority figures c*^k.
Old December 20th 09, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
richard

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:44:43 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

> Dateline: Phoenix, AZ
>
> http://www.kpho.com/news/22001255/detail.html
> http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...killed-ON.html
>
> Out of respect for the officer with poor eyesight they are not
> releasing his name. Of course, if it had been a private citizen who
> ran down the DPS officer their name would have been all over the news
> and most likely they'd be locked up.
>
> As is reported in almost every news story, feel free to send money to
> the dead officers family - they are never too proud to take money from
> the public even though they make way more then the average wage for
> Arizona for doing little more then harassing people.
>
> The gal who was being chased was an 8 time loser who should have been
> in prison, not out on the streets driving high on meth.
>
> This is the third time in about as many years where someone has been
> killed in the valley because of these stupid "high" speed chases. The
> first two were merely private citizens so no one cared. But THIS is
> an OFFICER so everyone is all worked up and finally talking about
> reviewing their pursuit policies.
>
> As always, the media hyped the hell out of this when it was breaking,
> breathlessly reporting that it was a chase with speeds over 100 mph.
> Later they got the facts and reported that the speeds never exceeded
> 60 mph and the speed limit where the chase took place was 65 mph. So
> the bottom line is one myopic officer killed another who was too
> stupid to look for traffic coming at him at normal highway speeds.
> Which of course, makes the dead officer a hero rather then a moron.
>
> Just another day where the media sucks the authority figures c*^k.

**** happens. As has been shown on real time reality shows a few times, two
vehicles approaching each other can't hear the other siren.
If you're approaching a "blind" intersection, you can't see the other
vehicle until it's too late.

One such accident involved fire trucks.

If it's done right, a chase can be ended in minutes in a big city.
Get two vehicles in front of the suspect and stop him.
Or use a helicopter.
Old December 21st 09, 06:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 18:16:43 -0700, richard >
wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:44:43 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:
>
>> Dateline: Phoenix, AZ
>>
>> http://www.kpho.com/news/22001255/detail.html
>> http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...killed-ON.html
>>
>> Out of respect for the officer with poor eyesight they are not
>> releasing his name. Of course, if it had been a private citizen who
>> ran down the DPS officer their name would have been all over the news
>> and most likely they'd be locked up.
>>
>> As is reported in almost every news story, feel free to send money to
>> the dead officers family - they are never too proud to take money from
>> the public even though they make way more then the average wage for
>> Arizona for doing little more then harassing people.
>>
>> The gal who was being chased was an 8 time loser who should have been
>> in prison, not out on the streets driving high on meth.
>>
>> This is the third time in about as many years where someone has been
>> killed in the valley because of these stupid "high" speed chases. The
>> first two were merely private citizens so no one cared. But THIS is
>> an OFFICER so everyone is all worked up and finally talking about
>> reviewing their pursuit policies.
>>
>> As always, the media hyped the hell out of this when it was breaking,
>> breathlessly reporting that it was a chase with speeds over 100 mph.
>> Later they got the facts and reported that the speeds never exceeded
>> 60 mph and the speed limit where the chase took place was 65 mph. So
>> the bottom line is one myopic officer killed another who was too
>> stupid to look for traffic coming at him at normal highway speeds.
>> Which of course, makes the dead officer a hero rather then a moron.
>>
>> Just another day where the media sucks the authority figures c*^k.

>**** happens. As has been shown on real time reality shows a few times, two
>vehicles approaching each other can't hear the other siren.
>If you're approaching a "blind" intersection, you can't see the other
>vehicle until it's too late.
>
>One such accident involved fire trucks.
>
>If it's done right, a chase can be ended in minutes in a big city.
>Get two vehicles in front of the suspect and stop him.

But they never do. I've seen lots of those chases on the TV. 99% of
the time the cops do NOT actually block the road. I'm not sure but I
think that if they do they create liability - it's the only thing I
can think of that explains why time after time they will even back up
their cars to clear a path. It seems the only time they really block
some on in is when they are already going slowly. Either that or they
just don't want to get the patrol car damaged and would rather let the
suspect, who is supposed to be SO dangerous it's worth the pursuit,
get away.