Faulty Oil Warning Light?

Old April 22nd 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Faulty Oil Warning Light?

1999 Caravan 3.0 litre 4 speed.
For the past few months while idling in traffic the "oil warning" lamp
comes on along with the annoying beeping sound. If I put it in nuetral
it stops, or as soon as I start to move it stops. The oil is definately
full. I change it every 5,000 kms and in fact just had it changed.
However it continues to do this. Any thoughts as to whether this is a
faulty indicator and if so how to fix it?

thanks.

Old April 23rd 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"bobjones1000" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> 1999 Caravan 3.0 litre 4 speed.
> For the past few months while idling in traffic the "oil warning" lamp
> comes on along with the annoying beeping sound. If I put it in nuetral
> it stops, or as soon as I start to move it stops. The oil is definately
> full. I change it every 5,000 kms and in fact just had it changed.
> However it continues to do this. Any thoughts as to whether this is a
> faulty indicator and if so how to fix it?
>
> thanks.

Replace the oil sending unit
--
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old April 23rd 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On 22 Apr 2006 15:36:46 -0700, "bobjones1000" > wrote:

>1999 Caravan 3.0 litre 4 speed.
>For the past few months while idling in traffic the "oil warning" lamp
>comes on along with the annoying beeping sound. If I put it in nuetral
>it stops, or as soon as I start to move it stops. The oil is definately
>full. I change it every 5,000 kms and in fact just had it changed.
>However it continues to do this. Any thoughts as to whether this is a
>faulty indicator and if so how to fix it?
>
>thanks.

That is not a low oil *level(* warning, it is a low oil *pressure*
warning. If you want to change parts the first thing I would do would
be to change the oil pressure switch. If that doesn't work you will
need to find out why the pressure is low. You need to address this
issue while you van still has a running engine....

Steve B.