is "voltimeter" even a word?!?!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 3rd 05, 07:07 AM
nashjeff

Default is "voltimeter" even a word?!?!

My '91 Explorer is alive and almost well. While it may have several
imminent ailments, the most problematic and anxiety-causing is the
upper-left battery gauge. It seems to flicker like a stereo equalizer
whenver I push the brake pedal or come to a resting idle. I have checked
and charged the battery, replaced battery cables, the alternator, checked
fuses-everything short of taking it in for a diagnostic test. This
machine has 209,000 miles and the engine runs super strong c/o Lucas' oil
products? I get between 15-17 mpg and cannot afford to run a computer
test. Any alternatives to spendy mechanics? Does anybody have an
electronical diagnostic chart to send? PLEASE!!!
Signed, The cheapest guy around