c3 transmission question

Old April 11th 09, 07:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

Default c3 transmission question

I have a 76 smogger that I have had since new. It has about 120K Miles
on the clock.

I have had the xmission oil changed twice, last one about8-10 years
ago and maybe 15K miles ago. At that time I had it flushed at the
dealer - a fairly expensive proposition if I recall correctly.

My problem - When the beast is cold, it will not go anywhere for a
little while until it warms up - the transmission does not seem to
engage. Once it is warmed up it works fine - no slippage, fairly solid
shifts, etc.

Now I must admit it does not get a lot of use now, so maybe that is
part of the issue.

I am suspecting maybe something needs to be changed or checked, but I
doubt it is a new tranny. I am thinking it is a case of something
sticking or being a bit clogged. Or maybe something run through a part
to be loosened.

Any ideas? I have to do a fair amount of work to it this year (new
composite spring, shocks, brake seals, etc), so am just getting my
ducks in order for the various things I need to check and repair.

TIA - BSA.

Transmission question Bjorn Sunde Audi 2 June 9th 07 10:55 PM
ZJ transmission question Scott Stone Jeep 2 August 4th 05 02:28 PM
M-22 Transmission question.... js Corvette 10 March 11th 05 04:00 PM
Transmission question Rob Honda 3 February 2nd 05 05:37 AM
98 Jetta: timing belt question-non-interference?/transmission fluid question Ben867-5309 VW water cooled 1 October 20th 04 03:53 PM