x5 entertainment system

Old October 28th 04, 02:55 PM
David

Default x5 entertainment system

I am considering the dvd entertainment system. Any suggestions?

Old October 29th 04, 01:51 PM
Fred W.

"David" > wrote in message
link.net...
> If you are not going to contribute, I ask you not to reply.

Too bad you don't get to control the newsgroup, eh?
People are going to reply with all sorts of derogatory comments and there's
not much that you can do about it. You asked for comments on getting a DVD
entertainment system for your X5. I think suggesting you should re-think
getting it at all is a valid response to your query. (see below)

> The system is for my kid for long distance travel.

In that case, do your kid a huge favor and buy him/her a couple of books, or
listen to some books on audio on those "long trips". Kids get bombarded
with enough innane video already. Traveling in a car doesn't have to be
another place. You'll also be several thousand bucks closer toward saving
for the kid's college education...

-Fred W

Old October 29th 04, 04:23 PM
Fred W.

"John Kirksey" > wrote in message
> Obviously two responses from people that don't have kids.

Bzzzt. Wrong answer, try again. 3 kids, now grown (ages 18, 21 and 24).

We never felt a need to "electronically babysit" them in the backseat on
long drives, though the newest crop of e-sitters was not available when they
were really young. You know sometimes we would actually included them in
our conversations, or play mental "road games" and such. I know it's much
easier to just fork over the dough and have some peaceful drive time to
yourself...

-Fred W

Car entertainment system. Antonio MichaelDe Palma Alfa Romeo 6 December 27th 04 10:54 AM
RDS-TMC in UK on Audi DVD Satellite Navigation System Plus? Martin Cook Audi 0 December 5th 04 10:21 PM
E36 Alpine stereo system sgfan3 BMW 1 September 23rd 04 02:22 AM
basic questions--cooling system E39 Jim Levie BMW 0 September 17th 04 11:54 PM
Central locking system randomly locks and unlocks doors - 1999 A4 Audi 1970 Suzuki TS250 Audi 1 July 31st 04 07:20 AM