Cameras to watch the cameras.

Old January 24th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default Cameras to watch the cameras.

Looks like they'll just need two burning tires.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...nd/6293823.stm

"Speed cameras in the Scottish Borders may soon be monitored by security
cameras to protect them from vandals."

Old January 24th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave Head

On Jan 24, 1:34 pm, (Brent P)
wrote:
> Looks like they'll just need two burning tires.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...nd/6293823.stm
>
> "Speed cameras in the Scottish Borders may soon be monitored by security
> cameras to protect them from vandals."

I wonder just what this other camera is going to do about the 30-.06
slug, fired from 1/2 mile away, screaming into the lens of the speed
camera... bye...

Old January 24th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

Dave Head wrote:

> On Jan 24, 1:34 pm, (Brent P)
> wrote:
> > Looks like they'll just need two burning tires.
> >
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...nd/6293823.stm
> >
> > "Speed cameras in the Scottish Borders may soon be monitored by security
> > cameras to protect them from vandals."

> I wonder just what this other camera is going to do about the 30-.06
> slug, fired from 1/2 mile away, screaming into the lens of the speed
> camera... bye...

Who do you think is going to fire it ? Gunds aren't popular here remember ?

Graham

Old January 24th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave Head

On Jan 24, 2:26 pm, Eeyore >
wrote:
> Dave Head wrote:
> > On Jan 24, 1:34 pm, (Brent P)
> > wrote:
> > > Looks like they'll just need two burning tires.

> > >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...nd/6293823.stm

> > > "Speed cameras in the Scottish Borders may soon be monitored by security
> > > cameras to protect them from vandals."

> > I wonder just what this other camera is going to do about the 30-.06
> > slug, fired from 1/2 mile away, screaming into the lens of the speed
> > camera... bye...Who do you think is going to fire it ? Gunds aren't popular here remember ?

> Graham

Ha! More disadvantages of an unarmed populace, much like the beginning
of WW2 when our NRA members were sending y'all their spare squirrel
guns to keep the damn Nazi's from getting cocky enough to invade your
mainland... of course ya didn't learn from that, either, and
re-disarmed...

DPH

Old January 24th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave Head

On Jan 24, 2:26 pm, Eeyore >
wrote:
> Dave Head wrote:
> > On Jan 24, 1:34 pm, (Brent P)
> > wrote:
> > > Looks like they'll just need two burning tires.

> > >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...nd/6293823.stm

> > > "Speed cameras in the Scottish Borders may soon be monitored by security
> > > cameras to protect them from vandals."

> > I wonder just what this other camera is going to do about the 30-.06
> > slug, fired from 1/2 mile away, screaming into the lens of the speed
> > camera... bye...Who do you think is going to fire it ? Gunds aren't popular here remember ?

> Graham

....the technique will be best put to use in the USA if they get to
uppity with their speed enforcement and go putting these things all
over. Its gone too far already, actually, and yeah, some of these
things _are_ coming up with more holes in 'em than was put in the
factory.

DPH

Old January 24th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Jan 24, 12:34 pm, (Brent P)
wrote:
> Looks like they'll just need two burning tires.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...nd/6293823.stm
>
> "Speed cameras in the Scottish Borders may soon be monitored by security
> cameras to protect them from vandals."

Two burning tires, as in using AJ's sandpaper treads as kindling?

Old January 24th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article . com>, MLOM wrote:

> On Jan 24, 12:34 pm, (Brent P)
> wrote:
>> Looks like they'll just need two burning tires.
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...nd/6293823.stm
>>
>> "Speed cameras in the Scottish Borders may soon be monitored by security
>> cameras to protect them from vandals."

> Two burning tires, as in using AJ's sandpaper treads as kindling?

The most popular method to take out a gatso is gasoline soaked burning
tire around it as I recall. A camera watching the camera only means
needing a additional burning tire.

Old January 24th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

Dave Head wrote:

> Eeyore > wrote:
> > Dave Head wrote:

> > > I wonder just what this other camera is going to do about the 30-.06
> > > slug, fired from 1/2 mile away, screaming into the lens of the speed
> > > camera... bye...Who do you think is going to fire it ? Gunds aren't popular here > > remember

> ?
>

> Ha! More disadvantages of an unarmed populace

Like a near absence of gun deaths ?

> much like the beginning
> of WW2 when our NRA members were sending y'all their spare squirrel
> guns to keep the damn Nazi's from getting cocky enough to invade your
> mainland... of course ya didn't learn from that, either, and
> re-disarmed...

There has *never* been widespread gun ownership in the UK.

Graham

Old January 24th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

Brent P wrote:

> MLOM wrote:
> >Brent P wrote:
> >> Looks like they'll just need two burning tires.
> >>
> >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...nd/6293823.stm
> >>
> >> "Speed cameras in the Scottish Borders may soon be monitored by security
> >> cameras to protect them from vandals."

> > Two burning tires, as in using AJ's sandpaper treads as kindling?

> The most popular method to take out a gatso is gasoline soaked burning
> tire around it as I recall. A camera watching the camera only means
> needing a additional burning tire.

Another popular one is to fill it with expanding builder's foam AIUI.

Graham

Old January 24th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave Head

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:23:54 +0000, Eeyore
> wrote:

>Dave Head wrote:
>
>> Eeyore > wrote:

>> ?
>>

>> Ha! More disadvantages of an unarmed populace

>Like a near absence of gun deaths ?

And a near absence of knife deaths, and a near absence of beating deaths, and a
near absence of poisioning deaths, etc. etc. Face it, your criminals are not
nearly as vicious as our criminals, that's all. The instrument of dispatch has
nothing to do with it.

>> much like the beginning
>> of WW2 when our NRA members were sending y'all their spare squirrel
>> guns to keep the damn Nazi's from getting cocky enough to invade your
>> mainland... of course ya didn't learn from that, either, and
>> re-disarmed...

>There has *never* been widespread gun ownership in the UK.

Not true:

Again, your countrymen simply do not have as great a taste for personal
violence, its as simple as that, and has nothing to do with the presence or
absence of guns or any other weapon.

Dave Head