95 Honda Civic Clutch Problem

Old March 3rd 05, 09:42 PM

Default 95 Honda Civic Clutch Problem

I have a problem with my clutch and I am not sure if its weather
related or a broken part. It just started about a week and a half ago
and has been a very odd issue. It seems that while the car sits for a
few hours it stops working and I have to pump it to get it to work. At
first I found if I pumped it would start working(still felt odd tho)
but Eh its getting old I can pump the clutch if it needs it.

My GF lacking the ability to feel these things(not that I am much
better)said nothing was wrong. Then again this is the same woman that
thought that all a car needed was gas and it would run forever (Thank
god she learns from her mistakes). FYI:I was not around or that would
have never happend.

Today it was worse and the weather is getting better that's the odd
part. I thought it was directly related to the cold weather but maybe
its just a part broke or not working as it should.

In the mornings I have to pump the clutch(just a motion don't feel any
compression or anything just moving the parts around) Once I give it a
few good pumps I am able to get it into gear.

Today I found as I was leaving for lunch and the car had only sat for
4-5 hours I could not get it in gear no matter how much I pumped it and
got the parts to move. I Finally working the full motion of the clutch
I start to feel it come back and I was able to get it into gear. After
I got done eating I noticed it was a lot closer to the floor board then
normal. So I reached down to the back of the peddle pad and pulled and
I felt it all pull back into place. I pressed it back down with my
foot and away I went.

Its not sliping out of gear or anything like that is just that when I
push down it does not get to the clutch area it should be getting to.
Once I get it going it will start to act like normal.

When it comes to cars I am not the best but then again when it comes to
my pocket book I tend to try a little harder.
Any ideas on what I could check to see what's making my clutch stick
when it has not been used for a few hours?

Thanks for the help all.

Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 01:43 PM
Engine cuts off - '98 Honda Civic EX Ken Bell Technology 3 February 9th 05 10:04 PM
1990 Honda Civic dx - Parking problem sandeep_hajare Honda 2 December 26th 04 01:17 AM
stuck caliper... Abeness Honda 113 December 7th 04 01:22 AM
1991 Honda Accord Startup Problem Frank starr General 6 March 21st 04 11:31 PM