2010 Miata Facelift Pics

Old September 6th 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Craig Wagner

Default 2010 Miata Facelift Pics

XS11E > wrote:

>> had 40-50mm between my leg and that drink holder when driving...

>You must have very short legs?

I have a 32" inseam and my left leg (I'm in the US) never contacts the bottle
holder in the door (unless I contort myself on purpose to rest it there).

But everyone is different.

I personally like my NC better than my NB, and if the car had looked like this
redesign from the factory I wouldn't have spent money on the Mazdaspeed body
kit.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/craigwa...7603749635152/
Old September 6th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

Craig Wagner wrote:
> XS11E > wrote:
>
>>> had 40-50mm between my leg and that drink holder when driving...

>> You must have very short legs?

> I have a 32" inseam and my left leg (I'm in the US) never contacts the bottle
> holder in the door (unless I contort myself on purpose to rest it there).
>
> But everyone is different.
>
> I personally like my NC better than my NB, and if the car had looked like this
> redesign from the factory I wouldn't have spent money on the Mazdaspeed body
> kit.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/craigwa...7603749635152/

I have to agree. I'm only 5'10" with a 29" inseam it requires some serious
contortions to get my left leg to hit the door cup holder. I drive with my
left foot on the dead pedal whenever it isn't on the clutch. My seat is
adjusted to the point where I can depress the clutch fully with little
effort and with the back adjusted for a modified straight-arm position.

My right leg is a different matter since I usually wind up with the shin
below the knee touching the console edge. After 10 hours of highway
cruising I have developed a very minor bruise from that -- nothing to deter
though.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old September 6th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

OzOne wrote:

> Maybe yu should buy a Corvette :-)

Why, when the 1992 Miata I have fits me perfectly?

I had a Corvette way back, a 1964. I really liked the car but had a
unique problem with it, by the middle 1980s it had become too valuable
to keep! Every time I parked it somewhere someone slammed a car door
into it and I got tired of parking it waaaaaaaay out at the end of the
lot. Eventually, I only drove it if I was going somewhere with secure
parking at the other end and decided to sell it. It's the only car on
which I made a HUGE amount of money, I sold it for about three times my
initial investment.

To this day it's still the absolute best designed top on any
convertible!

Unfortunately, after 1967 Corvettes became huge, bloated and horribly
FUGLY to me and I can't afford a 1963-1967 model, if I could that's
what I'd have but the same problem would still apply, it's like any
classic or special interest car, they become too valuable to drive.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old September 7th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
OzOne

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 14:24:17 GMT, Craig Wagner
> wrote:

>XS11E > wrote:
>
>>> had 40-50mm between my leg and that drink holder when driving...

>>You must have very short legs?

>I have a 32" inseam and my left leg (I'm in the US) never contacts the bottle
>holder in the door (unless I contort myself on purpose to rest it there).
>
>But everyone is different.
>
>I personally like my NC better than my NB, and if the car had looked like this
>redesign from the factory I wouldn't have spent money on the Mazdaspeed body
>kit.
>
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/craigwa...7603749635152/

Nice looking car,A mate of mine has an NC in the same colour...mine is
Black.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
Old September 7th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
George Jetson

Having just returned today from a 2400 mile round trip to the Upper
Peninsula of Michigan, I would rate the comfort of the NC's seats and
driving compartment as down right excellent, on of the car's strong points,
and THE most comfortable car I've toured in. 8 days and no aches or pains
and I love the placement of the door bottle holders. Bottle of water right
where it ought to be.

And yes, I've driven a few different cars starting with a 1946 Ford.

Off topic----

By the way, if you ever get up that way, you have to do the drive up 41 to
Copper Harbor. The last 15 to 20 miles are simply a roller coaster ride in a
Miata. A bit of caution as no shoulders and trees right at the edge of the
road. You'll have so much fun you'll want to turn around and do it again.
Don't. Turn left at Copper Harbor and take 26 through Eagle Harbor and Eagle
River. Even more twisty and breath taking elevation changes with yet sharper
corners. Several places you can get airborne at relatively low speed. The
surf on the rock strewn shore is simply fabulous but pay close attention to
the road. When you get to Eagle River take a left on 41 and run it again. We
did three times ))

Jim

2006 Mazda MX-5 Sport 6MT LSD

Old September 7th 08, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 17:04:40 -0700, XS11E > wrote:

>OzOne wrote:
>
>>>You must have very short legs?

>> Nope...pretty average....
>> Do you drive close to the wheel?

>As far back as the seat will go.
>
>I've of average size, 6' 4" with a 33'-34" inseam.
>
>For reference, here's the scale:
>Giant = 6' 5" or more.
>Normal = 6' 4".
>Midget = 6' 3" or less.

Pretty close to my scale.

I'm a tweener -- 6 3-1/2, with a 34" inseam. My legs are a hair short for my
height, so your legs are definitely short for your height.

-- Larry
Old September 7th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Awesome! That definitely sounds like a Miata road! Wish I could go.

Chris
99BBB

Old September 7th 08, 08:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
OzOne

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 00:00:22 -0400, pltrgyst
> wrote:

>>> Nope...pretty average....
>>> Do you drive close to the wheel?

>>As far back as the seat will go.
>>
>>I've of average size, 6' 4" with a 33'-34" inseam.
>>
>>For reference, here's the scale:
>>Giant = 6' 5" or more.
>>Normal = 6' 4".
>>Midget = 6' 3" or less.

>Pretty close to my scale.
>
>I'm a tweener -- 6 3-1/2, with a 34" inseam. My legs are a hair short for my
>height, so your legs are definitely short for your height.
>
>-- Larry

Maybe he's just got massive balls so drives with his legs spread wide
:-)

Old September 7th 08, 02:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

George Jetson wrote:
> Having just returned today from a 2400 mile round trip to the Upper
> Peninsula of Michigan, I would rate the comfort of the NC's seats and
> driving compartment as down right excellent, on of the car's strong points,
> and THE most comfortable car I've toured in. 8 days and no aches or pains
> and I love the placement of the door bottle holders. Bottle of water right
> where it ought to be.
>
> And yes, I've driven a few different cars starting with a 1946 Ford.
>
> Off topic----
>
> By the way, if you ever get up that way, you have to do the drive up 41 to
> Copper Harbor. The last 15 to 20 miles are simply a roller coaster ride in a
> Miata. A bit of caution as no shoulders and trees right at the edge of the
> road. You'll have so much fun you'll want to turn around and do it again.
> Don't. Turn left at Copper Harbor and take 26 through Eagle Harbor and Eagle
> River. Even more twisty and breath taking elevation changes with yet sharper
> corners. Several places you can get airborne at relatively low speed. The
> surf on the rock strewn shore is simply fabulous but pay close attention to
> the road. When you get to Eagle River take a left on 41 and run it again. We
> did three times ))
>
> Jim
>
> 2006 Mazda MX-5 Sport 6MT LSD

Thanks for the tip. I'll put that in my book of things to do. I am still
committed to finishing my "on the edge tour" around the contiguous states
and on the way from northeasternmost Maine to northwesternmost Washington
that part of Michigan should be right along the way.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old September 7th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

pltrgyst > wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 17:04:40 -0700, XS11E >
> wrote:
>>I've of average size, 6' 4" with a 33'-34" inseam.

> I'm a tweener -- 6 3-1/2, with a 34" inseam. My legs are a hair
> short for my height, so your legs are definitely short for your
> height.

Just the reverse, most people I know who are 6' or more are taller than
I am when we're sitting down. My legs are long for my height.