Visited yesterday!

Old August 23rd 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Default Visited yesterday!

I thought all that was pertaining to TX! Ouch.

Chris
99BBB

Old August 23rd 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> I thought all that was pertaining to TX! Ouch.

Both Texas and South Carolina have nice, cool summers, it seldom even
gets to 115F! You guys must run the heater all summer long....

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old August 23rd 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Uh Oh, here it comes ........ that dry heat thing ;-)
I gotta say, Phoenix is tough in the summer. Great in the 'winter' months
though!

Chris
(much family in Phoenix!)
99BBB

. ..

Old August 23rd 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

XS11E wrote:
> Lugnut > wrote:
>

>> In the Miata world, the early whites stood alone in the
>> catastrophic paint failures AFAIK.

> Alone if you don't count red and blue... <G>

Dunno about that. My red '91 had perfectly fine paint after 15 years and
121K miles when I traded it in. Body was straight and totally unrusted and
the only mark on it was a slight (shopping cart?) ding about the size of my
thumb. Certainly no sign of flaking paint. Hell, it still had her original
top, albeit with a replacement window. Worst exterior problem was that the
windshield was pretty well sandblasted and should have been replaced.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old August 23rd 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

John McGaw > wrote:

> My red '91 had perfectly fine paint after 15 years and 121K miles
> when I traded it in.

Do you have a garage? That makes a lot of difference.

Old August 23rd 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

XS11E wrote:
> John McGaw > wrote:
>
>> My red '91 had perfectly fine paint after 15 years and 121K miles
>> when I traded it in.

> Do you have a garage? That makes a lot of difference.

Of course. That is a given. I guess a good car cover might work as well
despite being a major PITA.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old August 24th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

XS11E > wrote:

> It should be home tomorrow.

Well, Friday has come and gone, along with Saturday and most of
Sunday...

Maybe tomorrow? Don't know why they didn't get it done Friday?

Old August 25th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

XS11E > wrote:

> Maybe tomorrow? Don't know why they didn't get it done Friday?

Got call this morning, they are stripping the hood and deck lid to
be repainted because the first paint didn't look right.....

I reminded them those are the two aluminum panels but they said that
wasn't a factor, the problem appeared to be improper preparation.

I guess I'm pleased they won't release bad work but I miss my Miata!

I'm planning a trip to the store today but I'll take the hot rod:

http://www.meritshealth.com/02_produ...&SID=37&ID=273

Mine's black, I wanted it to show the dirt better... <sigh>

Old August 28th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

Default It's HOME! was: Visited yesterday!

XS11E > wrote:

> XS11E > wrote:
>
>> Maybe tomorrow? Don't know why they didn't get it done Friday?

> Got call this morning, they are stripping the hood and deck lid to
> be repainted because the first paint didn't look right.....
>
> I reminded them those are the two aluminum panels but they said
> that wasn't a factor, the problem appeared to be improper
> preparation.
>
> I guess I'm pleased they won't release bad work but I miss my
> Miata!

They called Monday, said it would be home Tuesday but no car.

Today, it's here! It looks great, they not only painted it but
detailed EVERYTHING, even the wiper arms are painted dull black.

I imagine it looks much like it did when it was new...

I'm happy and the pidgeons are delighted, they have their bathroom
back!

Old August 28th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

That's exciting! Pictures? Pictures! Congrats!

Chris
99BBB

. ..