Upgrading the 2004 Element AWD

Old March 1st 05, 02:26 AM
OM

Default Upgrading the 2004 Element AWD

Hello,

My friend has 2004 Element AWD which we adore very much and want to
enhance the performance. We are not serious about pimping it up or
turning it into the rice car. Is there a kit that would add the
turbocharger to the Element and increase the horsepowers from 160 to
between 250 to 325. Do we need to replace the automatic gearbox with
stronger one to handle higher power output? What about the suspension
components? What company do you recommend for upgrading the motor and
whatever components in Element?

Is there a way to connect Apple iPod to the stereo system? I understand
Honda has that feature for 2005 Element.

Thanks for suggestions.

Oliver
Old March 5th 05, 06:05 PM
Sean D

You want to increase from 160 HP to 250-325? You might be able to get 240
HP with a turbo or supercharger since they usually give about a 40% boots to
HP. Even then, you'll probably have to upgrade the fuel systems, change the
timing and possibly upgrade your cylinders to handle the new strain on the
engine. This would all cost you a fortune and probably isn't worth it.
Those kinds of upgrades also tend to decrease your resale value, not
increase it because most people will assume the vehicle was abused or raced.

Since the Element uses a K24 similar to the CR-V and Accord you might try an
engine swap from a TSX. The TSX has a K24 but with a different head and
higher compression and puts out 200 HP at it's peak. The only downside is
that it required premium gas.

As much as I love Hondas, I have to say that if you wanted power in a
"cute-ute" you should have bought a Nissan supercharged X-Terra.