C6 v. C5 Revisited

Old October 17th 04, 09:55 PM
LIW

Default C6 v. C5 Revisited

Now that there are a number of C6s on the road, in the hands of former C5
owners, what is the impressions of the change?

Worth the $13,000 swing from the 04 discount to 05 Sticker?

Old October 17th 04, 10:20 PM
Dad

"LIW" > wrote in message news:R_Acd.1132$EP4.339@trnddc06...
> Now that there are a number of C6s on the road, in the hands of former C5
> owners, what is the impressions of the change?
>
> Worth the $13,000 swing from the 04 discount to 05 Sticker?

No, stick with the C5. I've had both and the C5 wins hands down. There is
less rear vision with a larger mirror, less room in the drivers seat
although it is said to be more. Not sure how they did that. All of the jokes
about the C5 being the "Fat Ass" Corvette now has a rival that is 3" wider
and 3" taller. The C5's paint jobs that I've had were better than this C6.
The electronic toys are a pain in the "Fatter Ass" Corvette. The 400 HP
feels just about as strong as the 350 HP C5 although I'm not were I think it
is broke in yet. The engineer/designer that put the black, many cornered,
and jointed piece on the bottom of the dirt sucking rear end should have to
wash then until the warranty is off. If you think the C5 interior is cheap
wait until you sit in the C6 for a while. Sorry, but this is a reskined C5
at best. Did I mention the front license plate mount, PPPPPUUUUKKKEEEEE.

The bright side is the Z51 package, they got that right. The functionality
of the headlights is the best I've every driven, still don't like their
looks. If brakes, tires, (old Z51 didn't have the big brakes and Supercar
tires), and headlights are worth $13,000, have at it.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old October 17th 04, 10:20 PM
Dad

Old October 19th 04, 12:45 AM
Robotron Tom

Rufio started a controversy when he said... :

> Come to Arizona - no front plate AND my home didn't get blown to OZ :-)
>
> (And we've just finished with l00F+ days, for this year).

But...it's a 'dry heat'!

--
Robotron Tom *remove nospam to email*
See the Flashback Arcade at: http:// www.arcadeguy.net

Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral
character.
-M. Smith
Old October 19th 04, 12:45 AM
Robotron Tom