How to replace the light bulbs behind the dashboard?

Old March 11th 05, 01:29 AM
Arctic Wolf

Default How to replace the light bulbs behind the dashboard?

I have a 2001 Honda Civic LX 2 door coupe.
There are three dials next to the radio.
Mode Control Dial
Temperature Control Dial
Fan Control Dial
When the headlights are turned on, the three dials light up (nomally).
However, now, the Temperature Control Dial is half lit, and the
Fan Control Dial is not lit at all. The Mode Control Dial is fully lit
as usual. My assumption is that there are two light bulbs for these
three dials, and the bottom bulb is broken.
Can I replace the light bulb myself without too much trouble,
or does this need to be taken into the shop?

Old March 11th 05, 03:33 AM
halo2 guy

you just have to remove the outside trim piece and you should be able to go
to the auto parts store for a new bulb.

news

Old March 11th 05, 06:16 AM
motsco_ _

Arctic Wolf wrote:
> I have a 2001 Honda Civic LX 2 door coupe.
> There are three dials next to the radio.
> Mode Control Dial
> Temperature Control Dial
> Fan Control Dial
> When the headlights are turned on, the three dials light up (nomally).
> However, now, the Temperature Control Dial is half lit, and the
> Fan Control Dial is not lit at all. The Mode Control Dial is fully lit
> as usual. My assumption is that there are two light bulbs for these
> three dials, and the bottom bulb is broken.
> Can I replace the light bulb myself without too much trouble,
> or does this need to be taken into the shop?

Do a google search for the pdf (or otherwise) instructions for removing
the stereo. You'll see that the part you're after is exposed in the
procedure. Look at the bulb at the dealer, then see if you can find them
at NAPA or Canadian Tire, or whatever. It will be 1/5th the price if
it's the little bulb that looks like the tip of a thermometer.

'Curly'