Microsoft backtracks on Vista EULA

Old November 2nd 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Crispy Critter

Default Microsoft backtracks on Vista EULA

http://news.zdnet.com/Microsoft+back...&subj=technews
Old November 3rd 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Yeah, see what can happen when people voice their opinion?

I think there's more to why they decided this, but who cares.

-Larry

Old November 6th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Half the reason they let up on this, IMHO is you dont kill off the group
that does 99% of your post_shipping_beta_testing <G>.
Larry enlightened us with:

Old November 6th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

I don't think it was out of the goodness of their heart. I can't help but
think they saw a loosing battle here, and another possible run-in with the
FTC. Microsoft doesn't typically give up much this easily.

We'll never really know.

-Larry