racing legends update - 3 years, 1 week and counting

Old October 27th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Epstein

Default racing legends update - 3 years, 1 week and counting

oops - forgot to mention that last week was the 3rd anniversary of the
infamous 'Lotus Transporter' update at the racing legends web site. We have
been waiting more than 3 years for the next update...

Its weird how this more than anything makes me think "has it really been
that 3 years have passed since then?"

Cheers,
Tim

Old October 27th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Aid

"Tim Epstein" > wrote in message
.uk...
> oops - forgot to mention that last week was the 3rd anniversary of the
> infamous 'Lotus Transporter' update at the racing legends web site. We
> have been waiting more than 3 years for the next update...
>
> Its weird how this more than anything makes me think "has it really been
> that 3 years have passed since then?"
>
> Cheers,
> Tim

Are you serious???? I have been away from sim racing for 3 years and i am
just finding my feet again with whats on the market...rFactor was an idea
when i last heard now it seems established...but oh my god has that West
Brothers concept not happend at all..? They took money donations and all
sorts didnt they ? Im quite speechless !! They surely havent done the same
things twice and still retained any standing with people? Wow...thats
shocked me

Aid

Old October 28th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Lancelot

Wow! Can't believe their site is still up! They even have a chat on it lol.
Last update still 2003. http://gabbly.com/www.racing-legends.com/news.htm

Old October 29th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Crispy Critter

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 20:49:33 GMT, Tim Epstein wrote:

> oops - forgot to mention that last week was the 3rd anniversary of the
> infamous 'Lotus Transporter' update at the racing legends web site. We have
> been waiting more than 3 years for the next update...
>
> Its weird how this more than anything makes me think "has it really been
> that 3 years have passed since then?"
>
> Cheers,
> Tim

What have the West brothers done with Gregor Veble?!
Old October 29th 06, 10:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Emma Ward

"Tim Epstein" > wrote in message
.uk...
> oops - forgot to mention that last week was the 3rd anniversary of the
> infamous 'Lotus Transporter' update at the racing legends web site. We
> have been waiting more than 3 years for the next update...
>
> Its weird how this more than anything makes me think "has it really been
> that 3 years have passed since then?"
>
> Cheers,
> Tim

I thought this was long gone and dead..?

Old October 30th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Todd Wasson

RL is not dead, folks. It's been in development all along. They just
stopped updating the web site with news, that's all.

I spent four days at Gregor Veble's house a few weeks ago and we spent
quite a bit of time driving the physics engine from RL. Chris sends me
little bits and pieces now and then to look at and all of us chat on a
nearly daily basis. A little something I'm working on will be used in
it as well, so I'm counting on it :-)

Three years is nothing in sim development for a group of two or three
guys, by the way. I spent over four years on the physics and AI for
Virtual RC Racing alone. Had I had to write the graphics engine,
online aspect, game engine, GUI, etc., etc., it easily could have added
another couple of years. Wasn't LFS in development for 5 years or
something before the first demo came out?

Todd Wasson

Old October 30th 06, 09:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Marni

"Todd Wasson" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> RL is not dead, folks. It's been in development all along. They just
> stopped updating the web site with news, that's all.
>
> I spent four days at Gregor Veble's house a few weeks ago and we spent
> quite a bit of time driving the physics engine from RL. Chris sends me
> little bits and pieces now and then to look at and all of us chat on a
> nearly daily basis. A little something I'm working on will be used in
> it as well, so I'm counting on it :-)
>
> Three years is nothing in sim development for a group of two or three
> guys, by the way. I spent over four years on the physics and AI for
> Virtual RC Racing alone. Had I had to write the graphics engine,
> online aspect, game engine, GUI, etc., etc., it easily could have added
> another couple of years. Wasn't LFS in development for 5 years or
> something before the first demo came out?
>
> Todd Wasson

Interesting. Did he also mention something about release of RL?

Martin Knud

Old October 30th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Lancelot

Interesting. Did he also mention something about release of RL?

Martin Knud

No, but he did mention that t-shirts are available and donations are
welcome.

k...

Old October 30th 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Emma Ward

"Tim Epstein" > wrote in message
.uk...
> oops - forgot to mention that last week was the 3rd anniversary of the
> infamous 'Lotus Transporter' update at the racing legends web site. We
> have been waiting more than 3 years for the next update...
>
> Its weird how this more than anything makes me think "has it really been
> that 3 years have passed since then?"
>
> Cheers,
> Tim

classic !!!