2008 Cadillac XLR - fvr

Old October 11th 07, 03:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

Default 2008 Cadillac XLR - fvr

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 Cadillac XLR - fvr.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	464.4 KB
ID:	102920
Old October 11th 07, 09:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

How is this anything other than a rebadged and rebodied Corvette? Sure it
looks nice, but what's it got that makes it a Cadillac in the tradition of
Cadillacs?

Max

Old October 12th 07, 02:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
ThomasS2[_3_]

I believe they use the Cadillac Northstar V8 in place of the Chevy V8. Does
that get it closer to being a Caddy?

TS

Old October 12th 07, 02:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

"ThomasS2" > wrote in message
>I believe they use the Cadillac Northstar V8 in place of the Chevy V8.
>Does that get it closer to being a Caddy?

Last year or the year before Cadillac offered an optional 400 HP Corvette
engine in this car at considerable extra cost --- up around a hundred grand
vs. $79,995.00 base MSRP for the standard 320 HP Northstar.

I find no mention of that option in the current literature so I imagine they
dropped it due to lack of demand or some other reason --- not the least of
which may be cooling issues because the C6's original base 400 HP engine is
now pumping out 430 HP. The 505 HP Z06 option is still available and there
will soon be a sort of King of the Road version of the Corvette offered with
625 - 650 HP. But I've been hearing that for 2 years and it hasn't happened
yet.
--
Paddy's Pig