You can't drive too slow

Old September 9th 10, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.golf,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are DEADLY PSYCHOPATHS

Default You can't drive too slow

Would you rather have some idiot crash into you at 40 mph or 70? It's
just that simple.
Old September 9th 10, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.golf,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc
lil abner[_2_]

On 9/8/2010 9:39 PM, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are DEADLY PSYCHOPATHS wrote:
> Would you rather have some idiot crash into you at 40 mph or 70? It's
> just that simple.

Most of us rather that no one crash into us at any speed.
Speed isn't going to cause anyone to crash into anyone.
Distracted driving and attitudes are the problem.

Old September 9th 10, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.golf,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc
Howard Brazee

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 18:39:14 -0700 (PDT), "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
DEADLY PSYCHOPATHS" > wrote:

>Would you rather have some idiot crash into you at 40 mph or 70? It's
>just that simple.

No it's not. If I merge into 70mph traffic at 40mph, I'm more likely
to be involved in a crash than if I merged at 70mph.

- James Madison
Old September 16th 10, 08:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.golf,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc
nobammer*?>->?>

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are DEADLY PSYCHOPATHS wrote:

> Would you rather have some idiot crash into you at 40 mph or 70? It's
> just that simple.

Slow drivers cause accidents. Left lane driver idiots cause accidents.
People that continuously drive in the left lane, especially the slow
ones should have their license suspended for at least 30 days. Then
their are all the idiots that do not know how to make a left turn when
there is no green arrow, only a green light.
Old September 17th 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.golf,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc
Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year

On Sep 16, 1:32*pm, "nobammer*?>->?>" >
wrote:
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are DEADLY PSYCHOPATHS wrote:
>
> > Would you rather have some idiot crash into you at 40 mph or 70? *It's
> > just that simple.

> Slow drivers cause accidents. Left lane driver idiots cause accidents.
> People that continuously drive in the left lane, especially the slow
> ones should have their license suspended for at least 30 days.

So why did america's highway death toll go from 55k a year to 46k in
1974 right after speed limits were lowered to 55.?
Old September 17th 10, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.golf,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc
Alan Baker

In article
>,
"Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year"
> wrote:

> On Sep 16, 1:32*pm, "nobammer*?>->?>" >
> wrote:
> > Speeders & Drunk Drivers are DEADLY PSYCHOPATHS wrote:
> >
> > > Would you rather have some idiot crash into you at 40 mph or 70? *It's
> > > just that simple.

> > Slow drivers cause accidents. Left lane driver idiots cause accidents.
> > People that continuously drive in the left lane, especially the slow
> > ones should have their license suspended for at least 30 days.

> So why did america's highway death toll go from 55k a year to 46k in
> 1974 right after speed limits were lowered to 55.?

Because it was in the middle of the early '70s oil crisis and people
drove less, and because they changed the way the stats were kept.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old September 17th 10, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.golf,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc
Harry K

On Sep 8, 6:39*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are DEADLY PSYCHOPATHS"
> wrote:
> Would you rather have some idiot crash into you at 40 mph or 70? *It's
> just that simple.

And if I had been driving 75 he would have missed. Just that simple.

Harry K
Old September 17th 10, 10:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.golf,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc
necromancer[_7_]

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:59:27 -0700 (PDT), "Criminal Drivers Murder
35,000 Americans a Year" > wrote:

Gee, you have had to alter your nym downward, SFB. Why is that, you
disingenuous american (sic) ****tard?

>So why did america's highway death toll go from 55k a year to 46k in
>1974 right after speed limits were lowered to 55.?

Because liars ( like you) in government cooked the books to make the
statistice appear the way they wanted them to, seppo.

--

"There are three kinds of lies: lies,
damned lies, and statistics."

--Benjamin Disraeli