New Hires in UAW Now Get Just $14 an hour

Old June 28th 10, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.golf,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa
Dave Head

Default New Hires in UAW Now Get Just $14 an hour

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 05:42:41 -0600, Howard Brazee >
wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 06:52:48 -0400, Dave Head >
>wrote:
>
>>You sound like they guys on Fox News. Eliminate the minimum wage? You
>>want people working for $0.25/hr or what? That's what would happen,
>>and would hasten the descent into a country with only the very very
>>rich and the very very poor and nobody in between.

>Lots of entry level jobs (McDonalds) pay more than minimum wage.
>Supply and demand won't drop the wage to less than what people are
>willing to work for.

Yeah, sure, but with the illegal aliens not being done anything about,
the labor supply for that sort of job is just going to get bigger and
bigger, while the available jobs aren't going to increase, and indeed
may decrease. There would be a reality, eventually, of "accept this
job or starve." No, 25 cents an hour is hyperbole, but I would expect
it to get D cheap - $2/hr? Maybe.

And if the jobs available are going to be paying above the minimum
wage anyway, what reason is there to reapeal the minimum wage? Why
bother?

What I'm fairly certain of is that vasts pools of really poor people
would be created by repealing the minimum wage. I mean SERIOUSLY poor
people. Even with the minimum wage being what it is now, they're
still poor, but without it, they're going to be "emergency" poor, in
that anything that happens to them is going to be an emergency for us
- to pay for it - cuz they can't, and we don't let people starve or
die of something a hospital can do something about.

There is just NO advantage to having hoardes of poor people in our
midst, and I think repealing the minimum wage would create them.
Old June 28th 10, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.golf,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa
lil abner[_2_]

Dave Head wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 05:42:41 -0600, Howard Brazee >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 06:52:48 -0400, Dave Head >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> You sound like they guys on Fox News. Eliminate the minimum wage? You
>>> want people working for $0.25/hr or what? That's what would happen,
>>> and would hasten the descent into a country with only the very very
>>> rich and the very very poor and nobody in between.

>> Lots of entry level jobs (McDonalds) pay more than minimum wage.
>> Supply and demand won't drop the wage to less than what people are
>> willing to work for.

> Yeah, sure, but with the illegal aliens not being done anything about,
> the labor supply for that sort of job is just going to get bigger and
> bigger, while the available jobs aren't going to increase, and indeed
> may decrease. There would be a reality, eventually, of "accept this
> job or starve." No, 25 cents an hour is hyperbole, but I would expect
> it to get D cheap - $2/hr? Maybe.
>
> And if the jobs available are going to be paying above the minimum
> wage anyway, what reason is there to reapeal the minimum wage? Why
> bother?
>
> What I'm fairly certain of is that vasts pools of really poor people
> would be created by repealing the minimum wage. I mean SERIOUSLY poor
> people. Even with the minimum wage being what it is now, they're
> still poor, but without it, they're going to be "emergency" poor, in
> that anything that happens to them is going to be an emergency for us
> - to pay for it - cuz they can't, and we don't let people starve or
> die of something a hospital can do something about.
>
> There is just NO advantage to having hoardes of poor people in our
> midst, and I think repealing the minimum wage would create them.

True. Business etc says it won't or can't happen but this is what is
envisioned by the new world Corporate Owners etc. They have no loyalty
to America but many hold contempt. We are becoming a colony to Wall Street.
Old June 28th 10, 03:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.golf,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa
Ray Fischer

Dave Head > wrote:
>On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 05:42:41 -0600, Howard Brazee >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 06:52:48 -0400, Dave Head >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>You sound like they guys on Fox News. Eliminate the minimum wage? You
>>>want people working for $0.25/hr or what? That's what would happen,
>>>and would hasten the descent into a country with only the very very
>>>rich and the very very poor and nobody in between.

>>Lots of entry level jobs (McDonalds) pay more than minimum wage.
>>Supply and demand won't drop the wage to less than what people are
>>willing to work for.

>Yeah, sure, but with the illegal aliens not being done anything about,

Who told you that lie? The US deported hundreds of thousands of
people every year. In addition to thousands of border patrol agents
the Bush administration spent billions on a border fence.

--
Ray Fischer