sometimes it starts sometimes it wont

Old January 3rd 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
ScottW

Default sometimes it starts sometimes it wont

My wifes '03 ion does the same thing it starts fine usually then when its
cold it wont start until after we wait 10 -15 mins. Had battery replaced with
no change. Same thing w/sevice vehicle message. Did anyone else have the
heater fan replaced too? Maybe theres an electrical problem

Old January 12th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
jcronker

ScottW wrote:
> My wifes '03 ion does the same thing it starts fine usually then when its
> cold it wont start until after we wait 10 -15 mins. Had battery replaced with
> no change. Same thing w/sevice vehicle message. Did anyone else have the
> heater fan replaced too? Maybe theres an electrical problem

Scott I was a Saturn Sales Person from 2000 until 2006. The 2003 Ion
did have an issue with starting. It is normal during this problem to
have to wait 15 min. before you can try starting it again. The trick is
that the Dealership's Service Department will have to duplicate the
problem in order to fix it. You may have to leave your vehicle with
them so they can try it through out the day and in the morning. Good
Luck. JC

Old January 13th 07, 11:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
jcronker

Old January 13th 07, 11:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
jcronker

I found this in another thread same topic. I hope it helps you.

"There is a bulletin out for it. When one of 2 codes are present, it is
due
to a faulty ignition switch. The grease they use to lube the switch
thickens in switch, therefore making it inoperational. Once you put
some
heat to it, from your hands, body etc... it warms it enough to thaw the

grease after about 10-15 mins. Take it to your dealer, have them
replace
the ignition switch with the UPDATED part with new grease, and have
them
program your BCM with the latest calibration available. It takes about
2.5
hours, and 99% of the time, problems go away completely. I am a saturn
tech
and change at least 1 ignition switch every day for the last 8
weeks....
Hope it helps.

P.S. For reference, the codes needed to be present for this bulletin
are
B2960 and/or B3033.

Hope it helps!"