Ford vs Chevy

Old October 8th 05, 06:26 AM
John Shepardson

Default Ford vs Chevy

Car Engine HP MPG
Ford Mustang 4.6 300 17
Chevrolet Corvette 6.0 400 18

Something is wrong with this picture, maybe price should be added to
even things out.

But then I might have to include weight.

John
Old October 8th 05, 12:52 PM
John C.

"John Shepardson" > wrote in message

> Car Engine HP MPG
> Ford Mustang 4.6 300 17
> Chevrolet Corvette 6.0 400 18
>

> Something is wrong with this picture, maybe price should be added to
> even things out.
>
> But then I might have to include weight.

While your at it, throw in torque, aerodynamics and gearing, too.
On second thought, strapping the kids to the roof of a 'Vette would probably
nullify any aerodynamic advantage.

Our "company car" (nudge,wink) is a C6. The way it loafs along in 6th gear
effortlessly, I bet it could get some great mileage....If I were so inclined.

--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.

Old October 8th 05, 03:29 PM
ZombyWoof

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 22:26:53 -0700, John Shepardson
> wrote:

>Car Engine HP MPG
>Ford Mustang 4.6 300 17
>Chevrolet Corvette 6.0 400 18
>

>Something is wrong with this picture, maybe price should be added to
>even things out.
>
>But then I might have to include weight.
>
>John

Or a brain. America's Sports Car & the car that defined the Pony Car
genre were never ever intended to be compared or even go head to head.

The only car that Ford ever intended to go up against the Corvette was
the First Generation T-Bird and they dumped the idea not because of
slow selling T-Bird sales, but because of slow selling Corvette sales.
They wanted to get out ahead of the power curve as they didn't think
there was a market for an American grown Sports Car and they thought
the Corvette was going to tank.

The true head-to-head GM/Ford Pony car was always the GTO & the
Mustang until the F-bodies came out some three years later. Now fast
forward 4-decades and the F-Bodies are dead and the resurrected GTO is
an Aussie import that dealers pretty much have to wrap up in a pretty
bow to give away. Why; who the hell knows? The first iteration
didn't have the right styling clues is my opinion and that just killed
it out the gate.

--
Zombywoof

Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
Old October 8th 05, 04:16 PM
Ritz

John C. wrote:
> "John Shepardson" > wrote in message
>
>>Car Engine HP MPG
>>Ford Mustang 4.6 300 17
>>Chevrolet Corvette 6.0 400 18
>>

>>Something is wrong with this picture, maybe price should be added to
>>even things out.
>>
>>But then I might have to include weight.
>>

> While your at it, throw in torque, aerodynamics and gearing, too.
> On second thought, strapping the kids to the roof of a 'Vette would probably
> nullify any aerodynamic advantage.
>
> Our "company car" (nudge,wink) is a C6. The way it loafs along in 6th gear
> effortlessly, I bet it could get some great mileage....If I were so inclined.

Heh, loafing is definitely the correct term. Whenever I drive the C6, I
pretty much ignore 6th gear, but it must be great for a long highway
runs. 6th gear in my A6 is a lot more useful for everyday driving, but
not nearly as tall as the C6.

Cheers,
Old October 8th 05, 08:09 PM
RT

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 22:26:53 -0700, John Shepardson
> wrote:

>Car Engine HP MPG
>Ford Mustang 4.6 300 17
>Chevrolet Corvette 6.0 400 18
>

>Something is wrong with this picture, maybe price should be added to
>even things out.
>
>But then I might have to include weight.

How about the savings for that 1mpg compared to the difference in car
price. Tell me how long it would take to break even ? nuff said.

Old October 8th 05, 08:19 PM
Big Al

"RT" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 22:26:53 -0700, John Shepardson
> > wrote:
>

>>Car Engine HP MPG
>>Ford Mustang 4.6 300 17
>>Chevrolet Corvette 6.0 400 18
>>

>>Something is wrong with this picture, maybe price should be added to
>>even things out.
>>
>>But then I might have to include weight.

> How about the savings for that 1mpg compared to the difference in car
> price. Tell me how long it would take to break even ? nuff said.

Wait ten years and then check the prices.

Al

Old October 9th 05, 12:17 AM
Kathy and Erich Coiner

What is wrong is you need a clue.
You are comparing a two seat sports car with a 4 place pony car.
Compare the Vette to the viper or the Ford GT
Compare the Mustang to the Camaro. Oh wait, you can't GM doesn't make it
anymore.

Erich

Old October 9th 05, 02:58 AM
Spike

Said the Camaro to the Mustang, "Awl be bach". Oh, wait, that was Gov
Arnie said that. Sorry.

Seriously, I'd bet on Camaro's return. Like clothes and hairstyles,
things come back. Heck, Hollywood is even making remakes of really bad
movies like Adrienne Barbeau's "The Fog".

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 23:17:39 GMT, "Kathy and Erich Coiner"
> wrote:

>What is wrong is you need a clue.
>You are comparing a two seat sports car with a 4 place pony car.
>Compare the Vette to the viper or the Ford GT
>Compare the Mustang to the Camaro. Oh wait, you can't GM doesn't make it
>anymore.
>
>Erich
>
>"John Shepardson" > wrote in message
>>
>> Car Engine HP MPG
>> Ford Mustang 4.6 300 17
>> Chevrolet Corvette 6.0 400 18
>>

>> Something is wrong with this picture, maybe price should be added to
>> even things out.
>>
>> But then I might have to include weight.
>>
>> John

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Old October 9th 05, 03:06 AM
66 6F HCS

"Spike" > wrote in message
news
> Heck, Hollywood is even making remakes of really bad
> movies like Adrienne Barbeau's "The Fog".

I thought it was Linda Hamilton??
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289

Old October 9th 05, 04:55 AM
Spike

Adrienne was in the old version.

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 20:06:51 -0600, "66 6F HCS"