honda warranty

Old December 4th 04, 01:23 AM
s o

Default honda warranty

Hi,

I just bought a 2002 crv that still has 6 month under warranty. I'm
considering getting a completely inspection by a dealership. My
question is do you think they're less likely to reveal any problems
because it's under warranty. I don't know much about how the
dealership/warranty/manufacturer triangle works but I do know
dealerships try everything they can to deter you from fixing things
that're under warranty. Any comments will be appreciated. thanks.

Stan
Old December 4th 04, 10:25 AM
SoCalMike

s o wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just bought a 2002 crv that still has 6 month under warranty. I'm
> considering getting a completely inspection by a dealership. My
> question is do you think they're less likely to reveal any problems
> because it's under warranty. I don't know much about how the
> dealership/warranty/manufacturer triangle works but I do know
> dealerships try everything they can to deter you from fixing things
> that're under warranty. Any comments will be appreciated. thanks.

what do you THINK is wrong, if anything. no-they arent going to go on a
fishing expedition to find stuff to fix so they can get reimbursed under
warranty.

youll likely have to pay for the inspection, as well.

Old December 4th 04, 03:01 PM
TomP

SoCal makes a good point. The last thing a dealer tech wants to do is
warranty work. If you are that concerned, step up and purchase a Honda
Service Contract. I'm sure the local dealer would sell you one at a
negotiated price.

--
Tp,

-------- __o
----- -\<. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\<.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

Old December 4th 04, 09:33 PM
Nightdude

Make sure there's no outstanding recalls on it. Also, after buying it, if
it's 4WD, make sure you change the rear differential fluid.
Inspect the colour of the brake fluid, if it's of a darkish colour, have it
changed. Remove the tranny dipstick and smell the fluid, if it smells very
burnt, then you might have to change the fluid. Also, check the colour of
the coolant and its level, if it's quite low or the reservoir is empty then
the previous owner never topped it up.

Other stuff like tires, if it has the originals on, save some money and buy
a new set, the originals are crap. I'm doing that to our CRV next summer,
buying proper all-season tires (quietter and more grip)

Oh, and if you hear clicks when you brake, it's normal, especially if your
car sat for the night.

Adrian

om...

Old December 6th 04, 08:07 PM

One problem i found is that there's a moderate amount of oil/grease on
the front right axel near the cv boot. That's why I'm a little
concerned. I know I'd have to pay the inspection. Also, is it correct
that the dealer will perform recall work for free. It seems very
obvious, I just never had to deal with recalls before. Thanks.

Stan