not in backwards

Old April 15th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default not in backwards

I've removed the thermostat completely,because it overheated with the new
one in it.It was in correctly.
From: "maxpower" >
Subject: 97 intrepid overheats
Date: Saturday, April 15, 2006 8:45 AM

"gerry cochrane" > wrote in message
> My 97 Intrepid is overheating.3.5 litre Removed thermostat,replaced water
> pump,flushed rad,replaced pressure cap,bled system,checked for exhaust gas
> in coolant with dye test,fans are working fine,even unplug sensor so they
> ran all the time.It pukes coolant out overflow when it gets halfway on

heat
> gauge and then overheats.any suggestions anyone??
> Gerry

Is the thermostat in backwards?

--
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old April 15th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Did the problem exist before you flushed it? What happened first?

Old April 19th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Just a tip I found with a '96 T&C:

I thought I had tested and replaced everything but when I looked very
closely at the radiator when it was running hot I found a very small
leak. It dripped a tiny bit at high temperature only and it evaporated
after dripping down the radiator about 5 inches. It was extremely small.

I first used some of that radiator stop leak stuff and sure enough the
leak went away and it stopped overheating for a while. Everyone here
advised against the stuff but it worked for a temp fix. The leak came
back again after a few months and it would overheat again.

I replaced the radiator this time, it was about $300 installed. They
flushed the system and refilled everything and I haven't had a leak or
overheat in months.

I was surprised how such a small leak could cause this problem, but it
all has to do with keeping the system pressurized. Water that isn't
under pressure boils at a lower temp so everything boils out until the
system has no water and then the engine temp gets too high.

Sucks, but that is how my saga ended.

Art wrote:
> Did the problem exist before you flushed it? What happened first?
>

> "gerry cochrane" > wrote in message
>> I've removed the thermostat completely,because it overheated with the new
>> one in it.It was in correctly.
>> From: "maxpower" >
>> Subject: 97 intrepid overheats
>> Date: Saturday, April 15, 2006 8:45 AM
>>

>> "gerry cochrane" > wrote in message
>>> My 97 Intrepid is overheating.3.5 litre Removed thermostat,replaced water
>>> pump,flushed rad,replaced pressure cap,bled system,checked for exhaust
>>> gas
>>> in coolant with dye test,fans are working fine,even unplug sensor so they
>>> ran all the time.It pukes coolant out overflow when it gets halfway on

>> heat
>>> gauge and then overheats.any suggestions anyone??
>>> Gerry
>>>

>> Is the thermostat in backwards?
>>
>> --
>> Glenn Beasley
>> Chrysler Tech

battery in backwards [email protected] VW air cooled 5 April 3rd 06 05:04 PM
Battery Connected Backwards [email protected] Jeep 29 March 26th 06 03:51 AM
Opinion Poll: Which Engine is the Easiest to Repair? [email protected] Technology 64 December 16th 05 01:22 AM
Caster problem Durango 99 Peter 4x4 14 November 11th 05 08:08 PM
Caster problem Durango 99 Peter Dodge 13 November 11th 05 08:08 PM