WingMan Formula Force Settings, Old Red ONe

Old March 29th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default WingMan Formula Force Settings, Old Red ONe

I dug out my old Red Logitech Wingman Formula Force and trying to find some
settings that will work with it for rFactor, can't seem to get any
centering spring, and the forces are a little week. I use to love this great
and still the smoothest wheel I have ever had.

Old March 29th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>I dug out my old Red Logitech Wingman Formula Force and trying to find some
>settings that will work with it for rFactor, can't seem to get any
>centering spring, and the forces are a little week. I use to love this
>great and still the smoothest wheel I have ever had.

Are you using Windows 2000/XP? Mine had major force feedback problems
(including a big performance hit) when I upgraded to WinXP from Win98 -
especially in ISI games that use fairly sophisticated FF. Logitech are
aware of it but they say that they don't support that old wheel under 2K/XP.

Old March 29th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Yep, using XP, the last time I used this wheel I was using 98, I quess that
is it , I real shame since it was and is such a good wheel., guess I'll just

Old March 29th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

test wrote in :

> Yep, using XP, the last time I used this wheel I was using 98,
> I quess that is it , I real shame since it was and is such a
> good wheel., guess I'll just go back to the driving force pro
> PS2 wheel,
>

> "Steve Simpson" > wrote in message
>> >I dug out my old Red Logitech Wingman Formula Force and trying
>> >to find some settings that will work with it for rFactor,
>> >can't seem to get any centering spring, and the forces are a
>> >little week. I use to love this great and still the smoothest
>> >wheel I have ever had.

>> Are you using Windows 2000/XP? Mine had major force feedback
>> problems (including a big performance hit) when I upgraded to
>> WinXP from Win98 - especially in ISI games that use fairly
>> sophisticated FF. Logitech are aware of it but they say that
>> they don't support that old wheel under 2K/XP.

Uh, I'm still using my old LWFF wheel with XP Home (SP2) and can't
distinguish any difference in "feel" between rFactor and GPL. So
I'm not sure whether I'm missing something or whether there really
isn't any big deal about using the old wheel with XP in ISI games.

There is a version of Profiler specifically for the old wheel and
XP, but I forget the version number off-hand. You can probably
find it at WingmanTeam.com.

Do you have the Controller set to WHEEL, FF set to FULL, and the
Strength turned up in the game options? If I max out the strength
setting, I can barely turn the wheel, it's so strong. I think I've
got it turned down to about 60% -- but I'd have to check to be
sure.

HTH,
--
Darryl

Old March 29th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Steve Blenkinsop wrote a while ago...

Everything you need to get the older LWF & LWFF wheels working in XP,
including separate pedal axes, is at:
http://www.wingmanteam.com/files/releases/4.50/.

Grazie to Tom at Logitech!

SB

Old March 29th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Thanks alot guys, I'll get the old drivers and check the settings. Hope I
can get it going.

Old March 30th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

well dang, removed and installed the 4.50's and patch, still feels the same,
just very, very little in the game, in the control panel the effects feel
very strong, but not centering force. Maybe my old wheel is just played out.
Have 2 of them and the other one just turns all the way to the left and
won't center itself..

Old March 30th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Does enabling FF still cause a big frame rate hit with the LWFF under XP in
ISI games? I remember pleading for them to fix it from the time when F1
2002 through until GTR came out and they basically said it was never going
to happen. Anyhow, I'm amazed that people still have LWFFs in working
condition. Mine wore out ages ago and I'm only an occasional racer.

Old March 30th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Steve Simpson wrote in :

> Does enabling FF still cause a big frame rate hit with the LWFF
> under XP in ISI games? I remember pleading for them to fix it
> from the time when F1 2002 through until GTR came out and they
> basically said it was never going to happen. Anyhow, I'm
> amazed that people still have LWFFs in working condition. Mine
> wore out ages ago and I'm only an occasional racer.

I've been running my LWFF since, oh, about 1998. I usually run in
three or four races a week and a few additional hours of practice.

When I started using the wheel so much, I thought: "I'd better
order Jens Shumi's bearing kit.", but, of course, I never got
around to it. I do have a printed version of hiw old webpage with
all the disassembly instructions though.

I even bought a second -- backup -- wheel. It's still sitting in
the back of the closet. I've only used it enough to know that it
works.

To make this even more outstanding, both wheel were originally
purchased by me as "reconditioned", so they weren't even brand
new.

Does it affect FPS? I don't know. I've never hooked up another
wheel to compare. I do get what I consider to be respectable frame
rates for the hardware I'm running, so if I *am* loosing some FPS,
it isn't drastic.

Obviously, I've been lucky in the durability of my wheel. Perhaps
I've been lucky with the framerate thing too.

--
Darryl
Old March 30th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Hey Darryl, anyway you can email the disassembly instructions. Thanks,

.. .