Looking to buy a brand new car

Old January 27th 06, 10:11 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Looking to buy a brand new car

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:49:37 GMT, Guy King > wrote:

>The message . com>
>from "Ed Pirrero" > contains these words:
>
>> I look to *drive* them. And
>> will drive them until their resale value is about 5-10% of the orginal
>> purchase price.

>Why stop then? I run 'em into the ground - when I've finished you can't
>even give 'em away.

You should try to time their demise so they die on the lot. These days if you
can just get the smoldering hulk to the dealer the marque will toss in at
least a grand extra off the price of a new vehicle, even if the old one is
destined to the crusher...

Cheers

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd
Old January 27th 06, 10:37 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

The message >
from daytripper > contains these words:

> >Why stop then? I run 'em into the ground - when I've finished you can't
> >even give 'em away.

> You should try to time their demise so they die on the lot. These days
> if you
> can just get the smoldering hulk to the dealer the marque will toss in at
> least a grand extra off the price of a new vehicle, even if the old one is
> destined to the crusher...

Dealer? I've never bought a car from a dealer and I don't intend to
start now! Then again I've never taken a car to a garage apart from for
tyres and exhausts.

--
Skipweasel
Old January 28th 06, 02:10 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Guy King wrote:
> The message . com>
> from "Ed Pirrero" > contains these words:
>
> > I look to *drive* them. And
> > will drive them until their resale value is about 5-10% of the orginal
> > purchase price.

> Why stop then? I run 'em into the ground - when I've finished you can't
> even give 'em away.

I've found that the last six months of the life of a car is often the
time you seem to MOST need a reliable vehicle. And that last six
months is when it really heads downhill.

So I try and get rid of the thing BEFORE it has that slide into the
automotive grave, but after I've gotten the best years of its life out
of it.

My Audis seem to reach about 250-300k before I take $800-$2000 for
them.

E.P.

Old January 28th 06, 10:30 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

The message . com>
from "Ed Pirrero" > contains these words:

> My Audis seem to reach about 250-300k before I take $800-$2000 for
> them.

That's about where I come /in/!

--
Skipweasel