1994 Audi 80 Estate Question

Old November 21st 05, 12:14 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default 1994 Audi 80 Estate Question

I have an aged but very reliable 2.6 Quattro estate. Recently after the
rain in the UK the rear footwells have become damp so I'm guessing water has
leaked into the car from the outside. After speaking to a friend I have
already cleaned out the sunroof drains with the pressure washer but its
still getting wet in the back.

Any pointers in where else to look ?

TIA

Neil

Old November 21st 05, 12:26 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Neil" > wrote in message
>I have an aged but very reliable 2.6 Quattro estate. Recently after the
>rain in the UK the rear footwells have become damp so I'm guessing water
>has leaked into the car from the outside. After speaking to a friend I
>have already cleaned out the sunroof drains with the pressure washer but
>its still getting wet in the back.
>
> Any pointers in where else to look ?
>
> TIA
>
> Neil

My own experience and from this group is:
When the car is parked not level (front higher than back), water enters from
somewhere.
I can only think of water from the below the windshield.

Ronald

Old November 21st 05, 05:09 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"R@L" > wrote in message
l...

> "Neil" > wrote in message
> >I have an aged but very reliable 2.6 Quattro estate. Recently after the
> >rain in the UK the rear footwells have become damp so I'm guessing water
> >has leaked into the car from the outside. After speaking to a friend I
> >have already cleaned out the sunroof drains with the pressure washer but
> >its still getting wet in the back.
> >
> > Any pointers in where else to look ?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Neil
> >

> My own experience and from this group is:
> When the car is parked not level (front higher than back), water enters

from
> somewhere.
> I can only think of water from the below the windshield.
>
> Ronald

Check the drainpipe from the aircon evaporator under the dash. If it is
blocked the condensation builds up and, instead of running out through the
firewall, drains through the rear footwell air ducts under the front seats
into the rear footwell. Humid conditions increase the condensation so it's
more during raining season.

Infinity G35 v BMW 330 i/xi v Audi A4 v ? [email protected] Driving 3 January 23rd 05 08:52 PM
Audi Certified pre-owned question GMan Audi 2 July 2nd 04 11:52 AM
Audi Certified pre-owned warranty question ? GMan Audi 0 June 29th 04 05:57 AM
Audi Question Chris L Audi 1 June 24th 04 06:40 PM
Dumb question regarding compression test on Audi a4 1.8t G Audi 5 June 23rd 04 06:47 PM