What I want vs. what the reality could support

Old January 21st 11, 01:04 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.audi
Scott Dorsey

Default What I want vs. what the reality could support

Dean Dark > wrote:
>I think you're getting the point. Ferrari never did build everyday
>cars for people who are concerned about mpg or maintenance costs.

"Ferrari: The Car That Sometimes Explodes" sounds like a great advertising
slogan to me.

Or..... "Ferrari: It's Like a Fiat, Only Much Faster."
--scott

Old January 21st 11, 11:06 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.audi
Steve Thompson

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> "Ferrari: The Car That Sometimes Explodes" sounds like a great advertising
> slogan to me.

Flames Inside Again, Tony
Old January 21st 11, 11:06 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.audi
Steve Thompson

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> "Ferrari: The Car That Sometimes Explodes" sounds like a great advertising
> slogan to me.

Flames Inside Again, Tony
Old January 22nd 11, 09:03 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.audi
Zathras

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:06:54 -0500, Steve Thompson >
wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Jan 2011, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> "Ferrari: The Car That Sometimes Explodes" sounds like a great advertising
>> slogan to me.

>Flames Inside Again, Tony

That would be nearly be funny if it hadn't happened to a mates 5
series (fuse box area) the other day..

Old January 22nd 11, 09:03 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.audi
Zathras

Old January 22nd 11, 03:09 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.audi
Steve Thompson

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011, Zathras wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:06:54 -0500, Steve Thompson >
> wrote:
>> Flames Inside Again, Tony

> That would be nearly be funny if it hadn't happened to a mates 5
> series (fuse box area) the other day..

It happened to a lady acquaintance of mine at college, when smoke started
coming from underneath the dash of her Sunbeam Alpine, while driving on an
empty side road. She jumped out; still doing 20mph. Amazingly she was not
injured, which was more than could be said for the car.

-s
Old January 22nd 11, 03:09 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.audi
Steve Thompson

Old January 24th 11, 09:23 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

On 20 янв, 01:50, Dean Dark > wrote:
> On 19 Jan 2011 18:30:16 -0500, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>
> >"Dean Dark" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:44:44 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"

> >> Ferrari made one.

> >Didn't that one explode a lot?

> I don't know. *It was back in the late 70s and I think it was built
> for the Italian market that at that time had some really nutty
> cc-related taxation laws.
>
> I had a '66 Triumph Vitesse with a 1600 cc straight six. *The
> cylinders weren't *that* much bigger than 250 cc. *Sweet little
> engine, it was.

Hmm, 940kg-2072 lbs, about mazda 2 territory.
How much fuel did it gulp then?
Old January 24th 11, 09:23 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

Old January 24th 11, 09:25 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

On 20 янв, 01:54, Scott M > wrote:
> >> Ferrari made one.

> > That's 250cc per cylinder. I've had lawn mowers with bigger cylinders than
> > that. Seems to me that a 2L V8 would need to turn lots of RPMs.

> 2L I6s & V6s are generally regarded as being too small for the number of
> cylinders; smooth but thirsty is the usual comment. A 2L V8 would be
> woeful and probably worse in every way than a 2L 4-pot.

Ok, I guess i'd have to wait for 3 chamber wenkel to enter production
then
to reach or overtake the smoothness of a v8 :-)

Reality of success visittosucceed Technology 0 March 15th 09 12:22 PM
Reality Check-In teem[_1_] Saturn 0 September 23rd 06 03:32 AM
Ford GT vs. GT4 (Reality vs. Virtual Reality) [email protected] Simulators 1 October 12th 05 04:13 AM
Reality check Bob Buchanan Corvette 66 September 23rd 04 03:53 PM