Customer Satisfaction Program 04B22

Old February 24th 05, 04:42 PM
C. E. White

Default Customer Satisfaction Program 04B22

Has anyone had the Ford dealer add the "magic" ingedient to
there transmission? Did it make any difference in the
shifting?

Ed
Old February 24th 05, 07:43 PM
Jim Warman

Ed, this stuff isn't supposed to make your transmission shift
differently..... it is supposed to keep it from shifting differently at a
later date.

Old February 25th 05, 12:13 AM
dicko

Something I havent figured out yet. If I take the car in and have the
secret sauce added to the transmission, and then at a later date
change out the transmission fluid with the owner's manual specified
Mercon V fluid, do I need to go back and have the secret sauce added
again?

To answer your question, I havent had it done yet.

dickm

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:42:56 -0500, "C. E. White"

Old February 25th 05, 12:49 AM
Big Shoe

I had the additive put in a couple weeks ago and have noticed no
difference in shifting. I also wondered about the fluid change
question. Don't know the answer to that one. It seems plain to me
that Ford would have a reason not to honor the warranty if the
transmission fails and the additive was not put in, so feel it is
really necessary to have them add it.

Old February 25th 05, 12:52 AM
syclone

The "secret sauce" in the case of my 2003 XLT was not to add something
to the transmission, but to reprogram the shift control program in the
computer.
This so totally changed the shift charactistics of the vehicle that it
seemed to be a different transmission. Shifts now are so smooth and
timely that they are almost unnoticeable.

SY Cohen

Old February 25th 05, 05:10 AM
Jim Warman

I haven't seen any TSBs on updated fluid for these transmissions. Safe to
say that Fords major concern is making sure these units get past the
warranty period. As dealer techs, we are expected to know that these models
require this so-called "secret sauce". If someone reminds mr, I'll check the
March DVD manual for any reference when it becomes available. I would expect
a note on this additive in the fluid spec sub-section of the auto trans
subsection of the driveline subsection of the manual.

The directions are mistaken... when they say shake well, they mean shake the
ever-lovin' p*ss out of the product before use.

Side note to Ed... if you are having shifting concerns, e-mail me your VIN
off-list and I'll run OASIS for you.

Old February 25th 05, 03:01 PM
Big Shoe

One possibility here is that Ford got hold of a batch of fluid that
did not meet specifications. I wondered about that when I got the
letter. If that is the case, then fluid changes in the future should
not be a problem (assuming the new fluid meets spec).

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 05:10:44 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> wrote:

>I haven't seen any TSBs on updated fluid for these transmissions. Safe to
>say that Fords major concern is making sure these units get past the
>warranty period. As dealer techs, we are expected to know that these models
>require this so-called "secret sauce". If someone reminds mr, I'll check the
>March DVD manual for any reference when it becomes available. I would expect
>a note on this additive in the fluid spec sub-section of the auto trans
>subsection of the driveline subsection of the manual.
>
>The directions are mistaken... when they say shake well, they mean shake the
>ever-lovin' p*ss out of the product before use.
>
>Side note to Ed... if you are having shifting concerns, e-mail me your VIN
>off-list and I'll run OASIS for you.

.. .

Old February 25th 05, 07:05 PM
C. E. White

Jim Warman wrote:

> I haven't seen any TSBs on updated fluid for these transmissions. Safe to
> say that Fords major concern is making sure these units get past the
> warranty period. As dealer techs, we are expected to know that these models
> require this so-called "secret sauce". If someone reminds mr, I'll check the
> March DVD manual for any reference when it becomes available. I would expect
> a note on this additive in the fluid spec sub-section of the auto trans
> subsection of the driveline subsection of the manual.
>
> The directions are mistaken... when they say shake well, they mean shake the
> ever-lovin' p*ss out of the product before use.
>
> Side note to Ed... if you are having shifting concerns, e-mail me your VIN
> off-list and I'll run OASIS for you.1FAHP60A44Y105325

Jim,

I actually have a 2004 Thunderbird, not an Explorer. I
bought it used earlier this year. At that time it only had a
around 3500 miles. It now has around 7000 miles. The
transmission shifting is OK as far as I know, although it is
a little harsher than my Expedition. I do not know what is
normal. My VIN is 1FAHP60A44Y105325.

Thanks and regards,

Ed White
Old February 26th 05, 03:14 AM
Jim Warman

Ed.... our PTS website seems to be having difficulty and I can't get to
OASIS right now.... Joggle my memory tomorrow and I'll check again for you.
We only ever sold one of the last model T-Birds and I never did get the
chance to drive it so I'm a poor comparison. If anything, I would expect the
car to shift smoother than the Ex....

Once oasis is back up and running, we can check and see if there is anything
regarding harsh shifting concerns.

All I can tell you at this point is that the fluid additive isn't designed
to intentionally alter shift feel.