Should SUV Driving amount to Drunk Driving?

Old December 10th 07, 10:39 PM posted to talk.environment, rec.autos.driving, rec.motorcycles, alt.autos,alt.global-warming
donquijote1954

Default Should SUV Driving amount to Drunk Driving?

Are SUVs' tinted windows a sign of shame? Or are they a sign of
misanthropism? I know their wanton disregard for the environment and
their isolation from others causes a lot of problems. I can never read
what they are up to, for one. And I feel terrorized in my bike or
scooter. I just know I better get out of their way, just as from drunk
drivers.

It's very fitting what this quote applies to frequent flyers...

"Such wanton disregard for the environment must become as socially
unacceptable as drunk driving."

http://www.sundayherald.com/news/her...152757.0.0.php

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE
http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution
Old December 10th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_2_]

donquijote1954 spewed:

<< ECP removed >>

> Are SUVs' tinted windows a sign of shame? Or are they a sign of
> misanthropism? I know their wanton disregard for the environment and
> their isolation from others causes a lot of problems.

Please do the environment (and r.a.d) a favor and kill yourself. That
will be that much less CO2 put in the air when you stop breathing.

> I can never read what they are up to, for one.

So? You think they can read what you are thinking?

> And I feel terrorized in my bike or scooter.

They can only terrorize you if you let them.

>I just know I better get out of their way, just as from drunk
> drivers.

Chicken. When I'm walking or pedalcycling, if I have ROW, I take it
(under most circumstances, common sense still prevails) and I have
been known to stare down the driver of the vehicle (any vehicle
including scooters, not just SUV's) as I do so.

> It's very fitting what this quote applies to frequent flyers...

Mmmmm, flying's fun.....

> "Such wanton disregard for the environment

What disregard for the environment? And cite credible scientific
sources. Not knee-jerk reactionaries like Al Gore, the UN or the
Sierra Club.

> must become as socially unacceptable as drunk driving."

You'll have to excuse me, now. I'm headed out to have a few brewskis
at the local pub. Maybe I'll see Hector there?

--
P lague
O n
Old December 10th 07, 11:55 PM posted to talk.environment,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,alt.autos,alt.global-warming

donquijote1954 wrote:
>Are SUVs' tinted windows a sign of shame? Or are they a sign of
>misanthropism? I know their wanton disregard for the environment and
>their isolation from others causes a lot of problems. I can never read
>what they are up to, for one. And I feel terrorized in my bike or
>scooter. I just know I better get out of their way, just as from drunk
>drivers.

Perhaps you should give up the liquor cycle, and you won't be so
intimidated.

>It's very fitting what this quote applies to frequent flyers...
>
>"Such wanton disregard for the environment must become as socially
>unacceptable as drunk driving."
>
>http://www.sundayherald.com/news/her...152757.0.0.php
>
>WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE
>http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote
>
>WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
>http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

--

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
- Admiral Hyman Rickover, U.S. Navy
Old December 11th 07, 12:26 AM posted to talk.environment, rec.autos.driving, rec.motorcycles, alt.autos,alt.global-warming
donquijote1954

On Dec 10, 6:55 pm, "Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver
(Hector Goldstein)" > wrote:
> donquijote1954 wrote:
> >Are SUVs' tinted windows a sign of shame? Or are they a sign of
> >misanthropism? I know their wanton disregard for the environment and
> >their isolation from others causes a lot of problems. I can never read
> >what they are up to, for one. And I feel terrorized in my bike or
> >scooter. I just know I better get out of their way, just as from drunk
> >drivers.

> Perhaps you should give up the liquor cycle, and you won't be so
> intimidated.

I don't drink and drive. But even if I did, I wouldn't be a threat to
anyone while I ride a scooter or bike.

That takes an SUV driver (Republican, of course)...

Police Say Man Driving SUV In Crash Was Drunk

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) -- The man who was behind the wheel of what's left
of a red Jeep Cherokee police say was driving drunk.

Tonight, we're learning Roberto Vellanoweth has been a driving force
in local politics for years. He was the past chairman of the
Republican National Hispanic Assembly.

http://cbs13.com/local/Robert.Vellan....2.476828.html
Old December 11th 07, 02:54 AM posted to talk.environment,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,alt.autos,alt.global-warming

donquijote1954 wrote:
>On Dec 10, 6:55 pm, "Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver
>(Hector Goldstein)" > wrote:
>> donquijote1954 wrote:
>> >Are SUVs' tinted windows a sign of shame? Or are they a sign of
>> >misanthropism? I know their wanton disregard for the environment and
>> >their isolation from others causes a lot of problems. I can never read
>> >what they are up to, for one. And I feel terrorized in my bike or
>> >scooter. I just know I better get out of their way, just as from drunk
>> >drivers.

>> Perhaps you should give up the liquor cycle, and you won't be so
>> intimidated.
>>

>I don't drink and drive. But even if I did, I wouldn't be a threat to

You should give the same diligence to sobriety while posting as you do
while driving.

>anyone while I ride a scooter or bike.
>
>That takes an SUV driver (Republican, of course)...
>
>Police Say Man Driving SUV In Crash Was Drunk
>
>SACRAMENTO (CBS13) -- The man who was behind the wheel of what's left
>of a red Jeep Cherokee police say was driving drunk.
>
>Tonight, we're learning Roberto Vellanoweth has been a driving force
>in local politics for years. He was the past chairman of the
>Republican National Hispanic Assembly.
>
>http://cbs13.com/local/Robert.Vellan....2.476828.html

Sweet! You take one incident, and apply it nationwide. I can't wait
until I get addicted to crack, so I can be as smart as you dimocraps!

Old December 11th 07, 04:10 AM posted to talk.environment, rec.autos.driving, rec.motorcycles, alt.autos,alt.global-warming
Bawana

On Dec 10, 5:39 pm, donquijote1954 >
wrote:

> Are SUVs' tinted windows a sign of shame? [turds flushed]

You stupid cornholing left-wing-**** brain, tinting is to keep the sun
out.
Global warming...didn't you get the memo, lunatic.
Old December 11th 07, 04:24 AM posted to talk.environment,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,alt.autos,alt.global-warming

Jeff DeWitt wrote:
>Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver (Hector Goldstein) wrote:
>> donquijote1954 wrote:

>>>I don't drink and drive. But even if I did, I wouldn't be a threat to

>> You should give the same diligence to sobriety while posting as you do
>> while driving.
>>

>>>anyone while I ride a scooter or bike.
>>>
>>>That takes an SUV driver (Republican, of course)...
>>>
>>>Police Say Man Driving SUV In Crash Was Drunk
>>>
>>>SACRAMENTO (CBS13) -- The man who was behind the wheel of what's left
>>>of a red Jeep Cherokee police say was driving drunk.
>>>
>>>Tonight, we're learning Roberto Vellanoweth has been a driving force
>>>in local politics for years. He was the past chairman of the
>>>Republican National Hispanic Assembly.
>>>
>>>http://cbs13.com/local/Robert.Vellan....2.476828.html

>> Sweet! You take one incident, and apply it nationwide. I can't wait
>> until I get addicted to crack, so I can be as smart as you dimocraps!
>>

>> --
>>
>> Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
>> - Admiral Hyman Rickover, U.S. Navy

>All right, I'll see your Republican member of the optomirists board and
>raise you one Ted (hic)Kennedy who killed a girl and then ran and hid,
>unlike Mr. Vellanoweth.

But wait; that's a US Senator! That's not fair!

Oops, morality only applies when it involves republicans. My bad. :-(

Old December 11th 07, 05:27 AM posted to talk.environment,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,alt.autos,alt.global-warming
necromancer

donkey hotay1954:
> On Dec 10, 6:55 pm, "Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver
> (Hector Goldstein)" > wrote:
> > donquijote1954 wrote:
> > >Are SUVs' tinted windows a sign of shame? Or are they a sign of
> > >misanthropism? I know their wanton disregard for the environment and
> > >their isolation from others causes a lot of problems. I can never read
> > >what they are up to, for one. And I feel terrorized in my bike or
> > >scooter. I just know I better get out of their way, just as from drunk
> > >drivers.

> > Perhaps you should give up the liquor cycle, and you won't be so
> > intimidated.
> >

> I don't drink and drive. But even if I did, I wouldn't be a threat to
> anyone while I ride a scooter or bike.

Mmmmm-Hmmmm. Tell that to the pedestrians that you will run over. Ooops,
wait you do that while sober, don't you?

> That takes an SUV driver (Republican, of course)...

You mean like Al Gore and his motorcades of them? How about his house
that uses over 20 000 Euros a year in electricity?

> Police Say Man Driving SUV In Crash Was Drunk
>
> SACRAMENTO (CBS13) -- The man who was behind the wheel of what's left
> of a red Jeep Cherokee police say was driving drunk.
>
> Tonight, we're learning Roberto Vellanoweth has been a driving force
> in local politics for years. He was the past chairman of the
> Republican National Hispanic Assembly.

www.ytedk.com

Read about how a sitting american (sic) senator sank his lady who was
not his wife into a river and used his power as a legislator to cover it
up.

> http://cbs13.com/local/Robert.Vellan....2.476828.html

--
"I always heard that primitave hoo-mans lacked intelligence,
but I never thought they'd be this stupid."
Old December 11th 07, 03:13 PM posted to talk.environment, rec.autos.driving, rec.motorcycles, alt.autos,alt.global-warming
donquijote1954

(Listen guys, I'm very disappointed that you only rated me with one
star. The other group gave me five. It must have been some Republican)

On Dec 10, 7:42 pm, "Jack May" > wrote:
> "donquijote1954" > wrote in message

> > Are SUVs' tinted windows a sign of shame? Or are they a sign of
> > misanthropism? I know their wanton disregard for the environment and
> > their isolation from others causes a lot of problems. I can never read
> > what they are up to, for one. And I feel terrorized in my bike or
> > scooter. I just know I better get out of their way, just as from drunk
> > drivers.

> I have never had tinted windows, but I think they want them for privacy.
> Maybe the built in TV sets and GPS screens need to block the light for the
> best picture. I know the sunlight often makes it hard for me to read a GPS
> screen.

Maybe they are watching movies while they drive. Who knows what's
going on in there besides the cell phones being permanently attached
to their ears.

> There are regulations at least in California limiting the darkness of the
> side front windows so that the police can look in. The last I saw, the
> average MPG did not change over the last couple of decades with the
> introduction of SUV's. Hybrid SUVs are now coming onto the market with
> decent gas mileage.

Decent gas mileage but still deadly to other people.

> > It's very fitting what this quote applies to frequent flyers...

> Frequent flyers are usually doing it for business reasons. Almost all of
> them would prefer to cut their amount of flying, but can't without losing
> business.

I'm not picking on them, but I think the article talks about those who
do it casually or unnecessarily.
-

> Travel in general is a function of the strength of the economy. So to have
> lots of jobs, travel is needed.

I'm sure some of that travel to China could be avoided if we kept our
jobs here. Merchant ships I'm sure are a problem.

BUT THIS IS "THE ISSUE"...

> Trying to same energy with bike or what ever is a dead end non-solution
> anyway. The oil will still run out even if you use less of it. The only
> real solution is the development of new alternative energy sources.

You are just repeating what the "Supreme Leader" says: The solution is
into high tech, which is coming soon...

Well, sorry to tell him we have the technology now and it's not high
tech.

Scooters get 80MPG, and don't add to traffic congestion.

Bicycles though are the ultimate weapon against Climate Change and
safer roads...

1- They are cheap, so they are DEMOCRATIC.

2- They are healthy, so we keep the Medical Industry on a diet.

3- They are here now, not sometime in the future.
Old December 11th 07, 03:26 PM posted to talk.environment, rec.autos.driving, rec.motorcycles, alt.autos,alt.global-warming
donquijote1954

On Dec 10, 10:21 pm, Jeff DeWitt > wrote:
> Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver (Hector Goldstein) wrote:
>

> > donquijote1954 wrote:

> >>I don't drink and drive. But even if I did, I wouldn't be a threat to

> > You should give the same diligence to sobriety while posting as you do
> > while driving.

> >>anyone while I ride a scooter or bike.

> >>That takes an SUV driver (Republican, of course)...

> >>Police Say Man Driving SUV In Crash Was Drunk

> >>SACRAMENTO (CBS13) -- The man who was behind the wheel of what's left
> >>of a red Jeep Cherokee police say was driving drunk.

> >>Tonight, we're learning Roberto Vellanoweth has been a driving force
> >>in local politics for years. He was the past chairman of the
> >>Republican National Hispanic Assembly.

> >>http://cbs13.com/local/Robert.Vellan....2.476828.html

> > Sweet! You take one incident, and apply it nationwide. I can't wait
> > until I get addicted to crack, so I can be as smart as you dimocraps!

> > --

> > Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
> > - Admiral Hyman Rickover, U.S. Navy

> All right, I'll see your Republican member of the optomirists board and
> raise you one Ted (hic)Kennedy who killed a girl and then ran and hid,
> unlike Mr. Vellanoweth.-

He was a young man back then.

Anyway I do a Google search for "road safety" and all the returns are
from other countries, where they already have better safety.

I wonder when it will become an issue in the national elections.
Probably Republicans (and Democrats) will flunk the test...

Premier launches Christmas Road Safety Campaign

(Media-Newswire.com) - Premier Anna Bligh has urged all Queenslanders
to make staying alive their priority, as millions of people hit the
nation's roads over the Christmas holiday period.

Launching the Christmas Road Safety Campaign with police on the Gold
Coast yesterday, Ms Bligh said motorists must take responsibility for
their actions, if they are going to make it home safely in the New
Year.

"2007 has been a shocking year on Queensland roads, with 342 lives
already lost - 33 more than this time last year," Ms Bligh said.

"At this rate the annual road toll is likely to be the highest in a
decade, since the road toll reached 360 in 1997.

http://media-newswire.com/release_1058561.html